nice LC collection - 250 & 350

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: nice LC collection - 250 & 350

Post by OzzyElsie »

By auctioning three together he obviously doesn't want top dollar :roll: .

Probably a good deal for a wheeler dealer. :twisted: - except they are in Perth.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

would be nice. instant collection. I don't own either model but the more i look at them the more i want one. Low k's on the 350 adds to the appeal. Freight from perth to east coast would probable be a grand.
I've seen a few ruffies,and incompletes near me in the last 6 months, asking 3-5g.If i'm gonna buy one I think i would rather pay up on a nice low k original thats ready to wheelie. Jon w and ozzy you own a few of em. Nice ones to. I did read somewhere a quote from Jonw saying he's only road his 421 a few times up the driveway. Come on mate i want to see the plug chop from the main jet in top gear. The more i think about it, i realise i havn't seen an lc on the roads around the gold coast for a few years. seen a few screeming around the track. Would love a nice original 350.
Bugger 2 recent bike purchases , 1 project, 1 coversion and 4 services on bikes to finnish and pay for. Then theres friggin christmas and the girlfriend that robs time and money. So no cash for another yammy. Hope whoever buys them gets em on up on the forum and sells some spares.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Strange, about 12 months ago when I was on the Gold Coast I heard that distinctive sound and spun my head around to see a well used LC filtering through traffic obviously on regular commuter duties. It was near Labordor. And I saw another at a bike shop and another in traffic in Brisvagus.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

OzzyElsie wrote:.... I heard that distinctive sound .....
I pulled up at the Post Office in Lismore yesterday and "heard that distinctive sound". When I spun my head around, it was a very original looking RG500. Good to see someone not afraid to stink good old Lissie up!

Strokers have become such a rarity on the road these day it incredible.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Gman, My 421 is not finished enough to ride, hence only test runs. I have been working on other things (even built whole bikes in the meantime when i lost interest a bit) but the main thing is that Ive always had a slight alignment issue that everytime I hoped id fixed it, I realised i hadnt. The real fix will hopefully be when its gets its new frame which i had planned to do this month along with swingarm testing, but ive already lost 5 weeks trying to stay off my feet as ive pulled a tendon and ripped some muscles, and everytime its gets a bit better i do too much and ooops, ive done it again and am back to square 1. Im over it and so is everyone around me I reckon. Never get a foot injury, it takes a long time to heal while the rest of you is raring to get on... :/ Sigh....

I live near a main road and hear a few 2Ts most weeks, and know of one chap who commutes on his RGV as I sometimes see him in traffic. I always wind down the window when he passes by :)
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

JON W. I hope haven't offended you? I have allot of respect for all your posts, knowledge and good humour on this and many other forums. I did't know the full story on the 421. I'm gelous that you have one. It will be one year in a cupple of days since i tore a ligament in my right shoulder. It put me of work for 6 weeks and took many more months of physio to get back to close to a 100%. Seems all good now but in a 2+ hour ride on a big bike i still get sore. I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be with an a foot injury as you need it to get around. Keep up the physio mate. Hope it gets better soon

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

I thought the 350's came in blue and white and 250's red and white.

JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

No, you havent mate, Im just a bit testy perhaps as I cant do anything and am in pretty much continuous pain (im not taking the painkillers as I believe that reminds me to stay off it, so pain comes and goes). Anyway, thanks for the kind words, very good of you. I totally understand with your shoulder, horrible injury. Latest round of pics of the inside show the achillies is really my issues, sigh. What do i want for xmas? well... two good feet pls! LOL

So.... The 421 reframe was always on the cards before it got registered anyway as I actually have its original matching numbers LC engine under my bench and a set of 350cyls. When I started building the 421 no one cared too much about that stuff, but now they do and Ive got caught up in it, plus I had almost a whole bike in parts and figured i could build a resto LC with the 421s old frame, the match no's engine and the parts.... of course, that turned into a huge slog to track down all manner of nos/new/better parts and Im 99% complete now. So, with the frame out and tested I can quickly build that resto lc, which is nice... Ive always wanted one... just need rebores, tyres, paint and a few other smaller jobs done and it would be complete. That leaves the 421 with the 'next' frame which i hope fixes the alignment problem and then should then go on the road, would be nice. I have done a bit of work on it recently, I fitted a top mount steering damper, rz500 kicker ans a few other bits; check out the links from this page:
http://2smoked.com/Yamaha_RD350_LC_421c ... _Home.html

In Aus youre right, red for 250 blue for 350... same both years.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

gman wrote:I thought the 350's came in blue and white and 250's red and white.

As far as I know the colour schemes were all shared by the 250 and 350. If any one knows differently please edify me.