air cooled rd350 cylinders wanted

Looking for a part?
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

air cooled rd350 cylinders wanted

Post by twinrock »

Im after a set to start my new project..any one got a set they wanna part with...thanks
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: air cooled rd350 cylinders wanted

Post by ged »

Not exactly thick on the ground are they?

I picked up a set off Bumtree a few weeks ago but they're already out to 65mm and will need a good cleanup again, so they're more than half way through their useful life.

They were the first set I saw come up in 3 months or so. If I hadn't found them, I might have been tempted by an Indian repro set. Anyone tried them?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Didnt TSS remake these, or at least sell remade ones? Maybe other suppliers of their other lines (FFTP, Legend) can get them?
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by mboddy »

RD350 was made in India for years. So Indian barrels are available.
If you are doing an air cooled RD350 you should check out http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index.php
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Yeah I had a set of those indian ones..im sure they were the low torque specs with small exhaust port..but I think the new ones are now to "US" spec I also sold a rd350 basket case not so long ago the ported cylinders went with it..I may be willIing to trade a set of rz350 cylinders , Id really like to build up an air cooled motor..
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

If you don't mind moving bits on, you should grab the thing on Bumtree in Brissie. There is a set of 350 barrels in that lot that might be worth looking at. 3 bottom ends, 2 frames... You'd probably recover the outlay at some point if you got it for the right price and pick up other bits and pieces as well no doubt. I'd be up for 1 of the bottom ends for a start.

Bit of a drive but.....
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Yeah I spoke to that guy already..he wont seperate..I think it would be a hassel to get all the bits down here..are u in briss by anychance..
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Not too far away. Between Lismore and Mullumbimby.

I would have grabbed it myself, but I've spent about 2 grand on bits on my thing over the past month leaving me a little skint.

Getting very close to Xmas. Old mate might be ready to let it go for a little closer to the right price..... You'd want it a little bit cheaper just to cover the transport costs, but it's been there for 3 or 4 weeks, so obviously no one in Brissie wants it.

I'd be happy enough to be middleman/freight agent if we can work the other logistics out.
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Well send me your number and we can go from there..talk soon my numbrr is 0420784114