RZ250 29L, 1XG Barrel, head similarities/interchangeability

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RZ250 29L, 1XG Barrel, head similarities/interchangeability

Post by BRG1200 »

I'd be up for joint purchases, but in a few months.
If we can find good deals on good quality "350" PV gear.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

you very rarely see decent used 350 PVs these days sadly. Ive been talking to LB about repairing them but as usual its a time thing and to be honest by the time youve involved anyone else in the equation you may as well just stump up for the FFTP billets, which are nice units if my set (that i got from TSS years ago) are anything to go by.

Bear in mind that the FFTP units were probably a batch that was made, if they were made anywhere but the USA then I expect once they sell then they wont be made again. Ie unless FFTP has acesss to a CNC shop, which is good value in the USA, then they will not be making up sets on demand etc. So, I would buy when they have stock and store em if you can. just my 2c.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Bugger. Point made.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ahh, sorry to be so direct... but Ive seen so many guys dither about a product and then suddenly find its gone and they wish they'd got some. With our small market and especially billet stuff we are damn lucky someone made some, and if they sell slowly they wont be making more in a hurry. Do buy now or wish you had later is my advice.

Same with some parts for our bikes from Yam. A mate of mine laughed at what i paid for a nos LC seat cover last year, told me i was an idiot and that ebay was full of em. Yes it is... well, was. back in 2011. Today you wont find one, ever. My cover now looked cheap insurance. Same with OEM LC looms, last year plenty in stock and on ebay for 100-150quid. Today none anywhere and when they do come up they are 300quid minimum! And they sell... fast.

Same when you see the perfect used part come up in the next suburb, get it right now, dont dither. If you dont the next one will be half as good, twice the price and the other side of this great country... just the way of things Ive found.

If FFTP still have PVs listed on their site at the end of the year you can come back here and ask me to eat my hat. (well, you can ask... ;) ) I know Legend is out of them and these things dont sell fast enough for another stab at the MOQ I bet.

Of course, just 2c as ever, do as you wish one n all :)

Its 5:30 in Sydney on a Friday... Bitch of a week and Ive just tied up my new car deal, so its beer oclock, wahooo! :D