rz frame wanted

Post by twinrock »

Well if I cant get an lc ill take an rz if one is about..lol
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: rz frame wanted

Post by JonW »

Might be easier to buy a whole project and part the rest out Justin, I have only seen one RZ frame come up recently and it was miles away:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-RZ250 ... Sw1S9WcOzj
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Lb has a roller he was keen too sell but I cant seem to get in contact wuth him now..
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Oh? Didnt think he had any rollers, only full projects and doubt he wants to sell any unless you know more than me, Ive not spoken to him for a while tho. Anyway, expect hes working silly shifts, its xmas time, gotta pay for it all somehow :(
Last edited by JonW on Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

duplicate post
Last edited by JonW on Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Thinking about it... a whole project makes a lot more sense than buying a frame... I know you only need the frame, but hear me out.

If you buy a frame you pay $200ish and just get a frame... weve not seen one sell in Sydney recently, but im not expecting one here to sell for less than 250 now really as they are so very rare. Imagine that if you pay say $1k-1200 for a non runner project youve got to get 750-1k back, but by the time youve sold all the other parts off you'd be ahead and get the frame for free for sure; 250 top end is $200+, bottom end 150-200, tank is $silly money now and youve all the rest of a bike to nickle and dime; wheels (100) forks (150) brakes (100) and lots of other plastic parts (100), loom (50), switches (50), clocks (200-600 if they are good) and it goes on...and on...

I was thinking about this recently as Ive bought a few bits and also parts lots recently. And ive found that the more you pay, the more you get. if you just buy the one part you often seem to overspend. I also bought a 99% complete LC recently. I sold the rusty frame and engine the next day and then a few more parts over the next weeks and before I knew it I had almost broken even, and still have a pile of parts I needed for my rebuild and ive still some bits to sell.

The number of parts for sale on ebay must be testament to this phenomena now, weve about double the number listed newly each week over this time 18mths back, this especially true for the RZ market. Thats cos the parts are worth more than the bikes are. Projects still sell for sensible money, and guys buy them and then need parts, which they then seem to be ok to spend money on, from small to large parts Ive been asked for all sorts in the last year.

Of course, my problem is that when I get a project I see potential, not cold hard cash. So for me it's always hard to split em up, but not everyone is as sentimental as me LOL

Anyway, just my 2c but I know you like to get on and build, and Ive not seen an RZ frame in Sydney for 18mths now I would think. One may come up next week, but then again...

PLEASE DONT ANSWER THIS STUFF HERE, I REALISED IM BEING UNFAIR ON JUSTINS FRAME SEARCH WITH THIS DISCUSSION AND TAKING IT OFF TOPIC, IF YOU WANT TO COMMENT ON WHAT IVE SAID IN THIS POST, GO HERE: forums/3/2000
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

I totally agree..this is how I build my bikes for very lil money..I take wgat I need then part out the rest..repeat till I have all the bits required..I should add that I would buy a project as well however if I can just get the frame it would save me a bit of messing about..my prob is im the opposite of hording..I hate stuff sitting around..if I dont have an immediate use I want it gone..as for rz and lc parts..most stuff can be bought new these days, wheels and swing arms are worth nothing and heavy to post..good forks are easier to sell..and the rest still doesnt carry much coin..
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I agree that a lot of parts can be bought now, some are even remade by yam, but there are still plenty of parts that arent. The new parts are nice, but spendy... Funny you should mention wheels, they are cheap enough now thats true, but theyve gone up recently as more n more people find that they cant replace them as easily as they could, they wont ever make more wheels thats for sure. :/
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Old gold have a few bikes they are wrecking and they might have a frame on the frame rack too.