20%

Total votes: 5

Hosewa
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Re: STINKY DAZE 09

Post by Hosewa »

The day went well all up.

600K's or so on a bike I've only been on a few times (and my first 2T if you don't count scooters) and with no engine history, my first big road ride for about 8 years. I was pretty happy we both made it through the day.

The route was great, lots of good open bends and not too long between fuel stops and got through without having to top up the oil. Sweet. The only cop car we saw passed us while we were having a rest on the side of the road so that has to be a good sign.

A long day nonetheless, not a good day to break in new race boots, but what the hell.

Well worth another run through at some stage, but probably getting a bit warm from now until March-April time.
Cheers,

Mark
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

600k's is a long ride on a stroke that's for sure!

Now that my engagement is over (and I will have money again), I've got to get my bikes back on the road.. I'm itching for a ride.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Thanks Karl for a great ride, I recon that was the best so far.

Man I was tired on Monday...........570km's

I'd like to do a 1 niter if anyone is interested? as per my conversation with Marcus motor the New England to Dorrigo drop down to Bellingen then home the Pacific hwy.

Dorrigo hinterland is awesome excellant biking. :lol:

I go for early sat blasts if people are interested usually only for 2-3hours if anyone's interested let me know.

Ant
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

Antman wrote:Thanks Karl for a great ride, I recon that was the best so far.

Man I was tired on Monday...........570km's

I'd like to do a 1 niter if anyone is interested? as per my conversation with Marcus motor the New England to Dorrigo drop down to Bellingen then home the Pacific hwy.

Dorrigo hinterland is awesome excellant biking. :lol:

I go for early sat blasts if people are interested usually only for 2-3hours if anyone's interested let me know.

Ant
Photos....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goebel/set ... 866894316/

I ended up doing around 500kms by the time I got home. I was so fatigued that evening I had trouble standing up ;-)

Ended up getting a really bad flu by the next morning which I'm still trying to shake completely.

It was worth it though... great route!

I'm with Ant on a two day / one night ride around the tablelands. My favourte piece of road is the highway between Walcha and Warhope.

Its really nice being able to have a drinks night as part of a ride without having to worry about going home the same night as well.

What shall we call it.... long stink around? ;-)

Ant... where do you head on Saturday mornings usually? I'm based out West now (near Parramatta).

Cheers, Markus.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Right... so I got both bikes registered again and took the 500 for a short ride yesterday. Its still playing up.
Fairly sure the fuel pump is getting hot and losing its ability to draw fuel, because if I blow air into the tank breather it seems to pick up fuel again.

So I'm going to try a Polaris Victory V92 pump and see if that cures the problem.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's