dt200 motard carb upgraded..

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

dt200 motard carb upgraded..

Post by twinrock »

Well after literally months of messing around with the stock dt carb tm28 flatslide powerjet(no air mix screw)!! . With the mods I have air box removed and pipe, I just could never get the thing jetted properly..and man..to remove the carb everything has to come off, seat tank pannels! I also had this problem, but not so bad with tzr which runs the same carb..I was close to spending big money on a new carb..but I opted for the much cheaper 30mm OKO ..as I had used them on the tzr and another dt with good success..ok so holding it in your hand u can tell its not as good build quality as a japanese carb..but...what a difference..carb was instantly smoothr and bike started easier..and with a few jetting changes and set float height...running fantastic..very pleased. Pulls soo hard from the bottom..I have the tallest gearing possible and still power wheelie in second gear..the bike is smoother..quieter more responsive and more power.. if your budget does not alow the upgrade of carbs..dont dismiss these..I rode a stock rebuilt dt back to back to mine..it was night and day in performance..
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: dt200 motard carb upgraded..

Post by gman »

Whats an oko carb? How many dollars? Do you have a link?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

gman wrote:Whats an oko carb?
A Chinese knock off.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30MM-oko-Fla ... Swv0tU9oZk

And bound to start an argument about quality :twisted: .
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

Ordinarily i would dissmiss the chinese knock off. I am going to try the chinese mukuni knock offs on my 125 build. I found the vm mikuni 24mm carb (bolt on type)non available as they where only ever made for yamaha on there late 60's trail bikes. Ct1,Ct3 etc. As i'm going to run the reeds and manifolds from those bikes i thought id try the knock offs. Have allready found the slow and main jets are interchangable with mikuni, needle jet and needle could be problem but we'll see. For $30 a carb i am willing to try. Not sure about plan b.

gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

Now i'm wondering how the oko 28's or 30's would go on an rz350? Can you get jets and needles for these Oko's.

twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

There will be know quality argument from me..rz u get what u pay for..they are a keihin copy..and take jets from them..how ever u can get OKO jet kits main and pilot..also very cheap I had some left ovr from my tzr. I bought mine from a local pit bike store as I knew if it was total crap I simply would take it back. mine was $120 came With new throtle cable and pod filter..over the counter. The only prob u will have with them on your rz is no alowance for oil feed..tzr and dt200 have 2t oil feed into the carby manifold but u could drill and fit one into the side of it..I have done that before..I also ran one on a dt175 which stock carb is the same as rz..it was a big improvement in Response and midrange drive..
tankslap

Post by tankslap »

Any pics of your motard'd DT?

Sounds like an interesting bike.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

The Oko that people have tried on the RZ is a copy of the PWK28, many have found that if you fit all new OEM Kehin innards they work ok, but that kills the value add... OEM pwks from small dirt bikes (KX85 etc) are cheap enough, tho more expensive than they used to be. Plenty of pwk 28 on rz info on the other forums, I have them on my F1.