Interstate Freighters.

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Interstate Freighters.

Post by OzzyElsie »

I'm trying for a quote for a GTR1000 chassis from Sydney to Port Pirie SA. I got one quote of $190 from E-go, Any other suggested/recommended freighters?
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Interstate Freighters.

Post by pkay »

I used Fergussons the other way once, expensive and they lost my paperwork. Not sure I'd use them again but going the other way may be cheaper but I doubt to the quote you got.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I need a few boxes shifting from WA to Syd, nothing seems cheap enough yet, so im intersted if anyone has a good idea :)
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

I used Bikemoves a couple of years ago. 1300245 366. They were ok. $150 from Melbourne to Nth Coast. It was just before Xmas and scheduling pick up and delivery was problematic, but it travelled well and arrived safely in reasonable time.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I think it was Fergussons took my 400 coffin tank from Coffin Bay to their Gilman depot, was over $100, can't recall exact number.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

BRG1200 wrote:I think it was Fergussons took my 400 coffin tank from Coffin Bay to their Gilman depot, was over $100, can't recall exact number.
Ochie 8O

(I'm very guarded about all of them - they sucker you in with a quote and then find new ways of charging you extra - not packaged correctly, dirty, etc etc. And then come up with the excuses of why it not pick up or dropped off at the agreed place and agreed time or day. )
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

I reccon e-go at $190 for a chassis is close to the money. If it was a microwave size box of same weight it would be $30. I recieved 2 boxes (engine and parts)35kg in total from perth to gold coast in 4 days $38 through e-go. (depot to depot).
Someone needs to build a web site for box rides. give the punter travelling across states a box in the the boot or frame in the caravan to help pay for the fuel.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

gman wrote:
Someone needs to build a web site for box rides. give the punter travelling across states a box in the the boot or frame in the caravan to help pay for the fuel.
I can feel an Uber type app coming on. :wink:
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ohh now that would be good.

gman, Im interested in the size of those boxes, I just did an e-go quote for my WA to Syd route and a box the size of a large microwave was over $100... maybe i should play with the 'depot' settings instead of door to door?
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

JonW wrote:I need a few boxes shifting from WA to Syd, nothing seems cheap enough yet, so im intersted if anyone has a good idea :)
I nearly had an LC basket case to come back too lol.
Try the removalist mobs too,they do throw it (place in carefully) small loads to bump up an existing load...
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

There's a thought.
There are also annual steady tasks they do, like moving military personnel to new postings, maybe there's a firm with a bit of space going intercity. might have to wait for a convenient time though.
This is a bloody big country.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Good idea as waiting isnt a problem for me, but Im guessing with no central hub for that info youd have to ring round and see whos got space. Maybe i should build a biz for the registration of space and take a cut of the spoils... google will buy me up soon after and i'll finally have the cash to complete my projects... hmm... tempting!
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

do it jon w. like you said a central hub. In 1999 i was in germany travelling. i used a firm named mitsfarten ralley or something like that, There business model was organising lifts for people, a sort of paying hitchhiker. in my case i called the firm and asked for a lift from nurenburg to berlin about 5 hours travell. They called me back and said they had a car leaving outside there office the next day at 8 am. I payed the firm $10 and the driver $25. at the time it was $60+ dollars for train or bus.
If you had a site to coordinate people travelling with spare space and people or parcells wanting to travell i think it would be a success. There are way to many cars on our roads with only a driver and plenty of room. As far as E-go, the depot to depot cuts the price considerable. also the size of box. my 2 boxes from WA to the gold coast where say a carton of beer and a microwave size box, maybe a bit smaller. I also got a carton containing a 125 twin from pat in sydney to the depot on the gold coast for under $30. For frames and bikes i'd be trying removalists for back loads.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

G'arn Jon, you could be a squillionaire ;-)

For the general consumption of any regulars on here, I have the garage space for one or two bikes if any of you ladies makes a purchase in sleepy Adelaide that needs to stay put for a while before collection/interstate. Probably not very practical but happy to help this specific community. Also can make myself available as your Adelaide "agent" to inspect or discuss/arrange things face to face with locals.