To sell or not to sell?

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

To sell or not to sell?

Post by hybrid »

I'm very seriously considering selling my LC.
I have not re-registered it because it was just not getting used.

Now that it's not costing me anything I had no intention of selling it. It was actually my first ever bike.
However, lately I'm thinking that it could go to someone who would use it and by way of money I could turn it in to something that I would actually use.

No idea what it's worth because it's modified.
I also have a spare 350 LC engine that's had a minor seizure (I think) and at least one spare set of 350 barrels.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: To sell or not to sell?

Post by BRG1200 »

I'd like to talk to you about the motor and barrels.
Hmmm, your first bike and it won't be depreciating, your next purchase would need to be something you have your heart set on.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Lets just say that my next purchase would be bolted to the side of the engine in my mustang :mrgreen:

Happy to talk to you about the bits. I don't think I would get much more if I included them with the bike anyway, so happy to sell separate.

Engine and barrels are at my dads place, so I need to get over there and dig them out to get some pics.
Justin probably knows more about the engine than me as I got it from him after he seized it.
The crank is fine I think... it was a minor topend seize.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Deffo interested, I have my "set" now, and mostly collecting crucial "future proofing" and resto parts.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Understand your motives Jeff, will be sad to see her go but would be nice to see someone use her etc.
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

It was my first ever bike.. Your words hybrid. Get it out and go for a hundred k ride and you'll sell something else. Don't know what else you own but a stang is enoughg said.. I'm a nostalgia type. It's your first bike. My first bike was a rd250lc. wish i could buy it back.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

But you don't need a spare engine >;-)
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

Thats right brg1200.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

gman wrote:It was my first ever bike.. Your words hybrid. Get it out and go for a hundred k ride and you'll sell something else. Don't know what else you own but a stang is enoughg said.. I'm a nostalgia type. It's your first bike. My first bike was a rd250lc. wish i could buy it back.
I've still got the 500, and if I was to ride one bike that would be it anyway.
I know all the stories about people who sell and regret it, but I have been thinking about it a lot and I don't think I will.
Part of the issue is I just don't get time to ride any more. Another kid on the way soon and I will have even less time.
I have even thought about taking the 500 off the road too and just keeping it for a track bike.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

When the going gets tough the tough go fishing. :D

Go fishing :wink:

Advertise it with a stupid price on it and if it sells, it sells. If it does it just wasn't meant to be so.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I have no idea what a stupid or not stupid price is these days. It's all over the place.

It used to look like this:
Needs some tidying up now.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Give it a clean up and a mini tidy, link the sales ad to the web page and you should get decent money for it I would think.

Brian (Oiler) advertised his 421 with RGV (and other mods) for something north of $12.5k and I dont know if it sold, but i dont think he wanted to sell it really lol. Ok, yes... This bike isnt in that price range of course, but its also not a 2.5k clunker either. The fact it has a fuel tank thats not 30+ years old also helps the sale as well.

Defo dont sell the engine with the bike, no point as youve said above, and you already have a buyer for that.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

It needs the same two blues LC decals for the side covers and tail piece, and RD250LC side logo to tart it up and add to the 'eye candy' effect. I would also paint the bottom half of the side cover black to visually slim down the slabbiness of the side view.

But that's me, Ciao.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I actually have a full set of grey decals to go on. I thought they would look better than blue on blue.

Just never got around to installing them.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Very nice looking LC there Hybrid,shouldnt have any trouble selling that for 4 or 5k easily?
What pipes are on it?
Its not a turbo thats going to be bolted on the side is it?