To sell or not to sell?

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: To sell or not to sell?

Post by gman »

Well i tried to give you food for thought to keep the bike. It sounds like your going to sell. If you want to know what it's worth put it on Ebay with a high reserve and see what people will bid for it. You could put a $7k reserve and find people bid up to $5.5. Then you'll know at that given time people are willing to pay the $5.5. Then you could relist it With the reserve at 6k and see what happens. It could also get bids over the reserve which will be a bonus.
It looks a real nice bike, and probable well sorted. good luck with it hybrid
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I'd say that bike's almost a celebrity, I think I recall that bike from the old Alek Hayes forum?!
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Im probably the oposite to most pple here in that I never really form an emotional attachment to materilistic things..even ones I have poored hours of work into..the memories and the passion stays with you long after the bike has gone..it is a great bike I think I recall ridding it..Feel good in knowing that you may provide someone the same joy and excitement that u got from owning and ridding such a fantastic machine..there is nothing worse then walking into someones shed seeing a bunch of bikes sitting not being used or ridden..but refuses to part with any of his stuff..(I know its not the case here) if I have something that is not being used or have an imidiate use for it..its gone..id rather it being used..its very liberating..lol..
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

L.B. wrote:Very nice looking LC there Hybrid,shouldnt have any trouble selling that for 4 or 5k easily?
What pipes are on it?
Its not a turbo thats going to be bolted on the side is it?
No it's going to be a supercharger if I do it.
I love turbos, but they would be way too much work on this particular car.

The pipes are Rick Roberts custom made.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

BRG1200 wrote:I'd say that bike's almost a celebrity, I think I recall that bike from the old Alek Hayes forum?!
Yes that's the bike.. it's been around a long time. Used to look like this:

My inspiration to go RGV was Martek's (I think) black N2 with RGV mods? Remember that one?

That was my favourite bike at the time.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ok, so I've got the bits back to my place. I could only find one set of barrels, but two heads. So still makes me wonder if there is another set floating around somewhere.

The good news is that the barrels are on standard bore. Both barrels measure up at 64mm in the top of the bore and the pistons have no oversize markings on them. There's no scoring, so they might even be fine with a hone and some new pistons. They have had some porting done. I have no info on them, so no idea who did it. It does look like a decent job though.

Both of the heads have detonation marks on them, so they would need to be cleaned up.

Now for the engine. Apparently it was a good one. Justin is interested in it too coz he remembers it :poke:
I whipped the head off again for a look.
The head is in great condition with no marks.

The top end is 0.5 over (50 mark on the pistons).
I can see that the left cylinder has had a nip up, but would easily clean up with a hone.

Left side:
Right side:

No damage in the chain area, which is pretty rare these days.

twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Oh cmon reunite me with an old friend...
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I've contacted both twinrock and BRG with prices.

If they aren't interested, I will advertise here and possibly on Sydney Smokers. After that, they will go on ebay.

I'm conflicted between helping out forum members vs watching them on-sold for profit. Especially with parts that are becoming rarer.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Fair point, well made Jeff. None of this stuff is cheap anymore, those days are gone, we all have to accept that... even mates rates will not be 'free', just good value.