350LC on ebay

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

350LC on ebay

Post by JonW »

Always a tiny bit sad to see a nice ad that sounds plausible with an out n out lie in it. fork legs $250 from the uk... no... 400+ shipping. makes you wonder about the rest of it...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272126822201

And Im guessing he didnt do the crank which is a worry of course... would make a nice restoration as its all there.

And that brake setup is very ugly... FZR sumitoms i think?
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 350LC on ebay

Post by hybrid »

Yeah I don't really believe this either:
a local guy bought this bike brand new in 1982, he rode it to work for a few years, then put it away,
There is a lot more wear on that bike than just a few years riding.
Anyway, it will be interesting to see what it goes for.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I agree Jeff, but im always amazed at the human beings capacity to be 110% positive on a story that is absolutely not true. ie, the guy who swore blind his father was given his old watch while in a prison camp in WW2 and that made it worth a fortune. All good, and he really truly believed it, maybe his old dad did too... but somewhere along the line it had been replaced. They didnt have quartz in the 1940s, that came in the 70s LOL. I think this is the same, 'i only rode it for a few years and then put it away'... easy to say, even believe, but it looks like its done a few more turns round the block than that. Tank look good tho.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

See this is why my stuff never sells for good money on ebay. I don't lie enough :lol:
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Apparently there's a psychological "thing" to lying, the liar has to momentarily convince themself that what they're saying is reasonably true. Politicians are necessarily very good at this self deception. Wankers on ebay seem prone as well...
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I reckon thats very true, I always think 'honesty is the best policy' but apparently thats not how much of the rest of humanity thinks. What I will say is that most people have terrible memories and so making yourself believe a lie must be easier than those of us with good memories, tho of course catching out the good memory folk would be tougher... its pretty easy on ebay sometimes. ;)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

You must be a freak of nature Jon! ;-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.