Heaven is a warehouse

Looking to sell a 2Stroke bike?
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Heaven is a warehouse

Post by Gavin »

Not wanting to spoil the surprise but it's worth a look.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-AU

Anyone know the owner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
86 RZ250F restored. 84 RZ500 rebuild in progress, 73 CT3 in progress
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Heaven is a warehouse

Post by BRG1200 »

Heartbreaking for the seller I imagine. Damn nice examples. Interesting way to try and leverage the value, restricts him to a very limited number of cashed up individuals who are fully into 500 strokers?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I agree, sell em on their own and you might get normal people buying their dream bike, but trying to find 3 mates wont be easy for them. And rating at 17.5each is crazy when one is only 13.5k by his admission... :/
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I should also say that he has a bunch of very nice stuff in that warehouse, most of it covered in sheets of course, as you would. And the largest bbq known to man lol.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Tell him 'he's dreaming'. :fap:
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

I suspect the RGs are commanding a higher prices than the RZs going off recent sales figures. I see RGs going for around $20 - $22k whereas the RZ should be $11k - $14k
Still high as a package though. Reading his info, I suspect he'll take offers if they don't sell en-masse
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Agreed the RGs are worth more than the RZs, I always wanted one... never felt the same about the RZ as I did about the RG, the 'Fear of Flying' article in some uk motorcycle mag of 86 corrupted my mind... :D
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Found it:

http://www.suzukicycles.org/RG-series/R ... cles.shtml

Makes a great read, especially when you were 18 and only ever ridden 2Ts, the biggest being an RD/RZ350 F1, ex race bike tho it was.

Amusingly... 15 years later i took my brand new R1 to the ring (Id been before on a ZX6R a few years before so not my first rodeo) and got 3 days of instruction and unlimited lappage courtesy of Yamaha. Re-reading this article another 15 years later reminds me what that trip was like from the Dover bit onwards. I expect if you did the trip again today nothing much would have changed, well perhaps one thing... the '128em pee aich' might have been exciting in '86, but was nothing in '01, I saw over 160 easily, today i expect that would be closer to 200 on a litre bike, especially if the main straight was open (which it shouldnt really be, its very dangerous to those joining and on the track, one bloke had his neck broke while i was there cos of that). And... Suspension had improved in 01 too, and I would assume that its better again now, plopping out of Karrusel on the flightly R1 was exciting, I really needed a damper.

As an aside, the first time I went my ex had my old 1995 RD350R as her stead, it loved the 'ring, but not the ride there and back gumming up its PVs and breaking its cables in annoyance at the motorway miles. Happy days, simple enough fix when we got home. Obviously neither the 6R or the R1 had any issues, they just needed new tyres LOL! :lol:
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

JonW wrote:I agree, sell em on their own and you might get normal people buying their dream bike, but trying to find 3 mates wont be easy for them. And rating at 17.5each is crazy when one is only 13.5k by his admission... :/
$20,000 x 2 = $40,000 $14,000 x 2 = $28,000 total $68,000 - less a discount for buying in bulk :D = $60,000 :evil:

Difference $15,000 :impatient:
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

Jon, I worked in London but went 'home' to Manchester most weekends. You reminded me of the PV seizing when you sit on a steady speed for hours. Got bored and started putting the 350 on the train in the mail carriage. Fond memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Heaven is a warehouse

Post by Greasemeup »

Haven't we seen this all before.

Surely part of this sale are the bikes that were for sale ages ago on eBay that were mysteriously withdrawn from sale after all bids were canceled. Seller doesn't want to sell and vigorously defended his actions after being flamed on line.

Is this "Collector"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk