This Saturday in Brookvale

Ride days, get togethers, bike shows etc
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: This Saturday in Brookvale

Post by hybrid »

Custom bikes are always a personal thing, so I try not to judge other peoples rides. Having said that... of course you're allowed your opinion anyway.
I'm sure lots don't like what I've done with my two, but I don't care.
In fact after my ride the other weekend, I posted a pic to the RZ500 owners facebook group with the bike and mountain views in the background. It was subsequently shared to another group (in absolute good nature by someone who liked it), but then a bunch of Spanish bikers proceeded to comment very negatively on the stripes.
Water off a ducks back.. I'm well aware of the issue, but I decided to ride it instead of worrying about cosmetics.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Don't get me wrong I like the concept of that bike its the execution that's the problem.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ahh, ok, not shocked by this as the execution was a problem on the previous bike (an LC maggoty thing with Huysong (sp?) parts) Simon (had?) built. I dont quite know what the guys who help him are like as a business but I had to point out some obvious flaws on that one when he posted some pics as it would have been dangerous to let them slide.

Agreed the TZ's lights are nasty and im a bit shocked the graphics are just pasted on. Simon is a well-ish known graf artist and Id have thought would have done something that fitted the bodywork really.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

EPApolice wrote: As for historic registration total bullshit and dickheads like this are going to ruin the system for everyone else. I am far from an anorak but don't take the piss.
Like this tasteless and mechanical disaster. "Presently on Vintage Club Plates which are not transferable"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/R75-5-Turbo- ... 2064329744

The clubs and their reps are shitting in their own nests and it is only a matter of time before the safetycrats land with a thud to the determent of all. Remember the greyhounds got hammered because they couldn't or wouldn't police themselves.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

JonW wrote: I had to point out some obvious flaws on that one when he posted some pics as it would have been dangerous to let them slide.
Was this on another site Jon?
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I was told in Victoria the bike only has to be a replica to get club rego so there are 2016 model Triumph's and other retro brands on club rego. Now that is a different level again.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

I have always customised my bikes and im sure there were alot off pple who may of offended...as i have also shook my head about what others have done..but im a true believer that the best thing about bikes is that its just for you,,an extension and representation of your self if u like..its not a utilitarian as a car and has to accomplish tasks or work..it. can simply just be..for me its about rescuing basket cases from the dead and making something fun and exciting to ride looks and finishing touches can some times play second fiddle.mostly due to funds.i would never mod a pertectly good bike..especially something close to my heart..
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

JonW wrote:yes on Norbos forum.
Ahhh ok... I don't use that one. I hadn't seen the bike until it went on facebook.
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

EPApolice wrote:I was told in Victoria the bike only has to be a replica to get club rego so there are 2016 model Triumph's and other retro brands on club rego. Now that is a different level again.
The authorities have been wised-up to this and it won't be happening any more.