Interesting ebay sale

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Interesting ebay sale

Post by JonW »

'tis a good point Ged, the values of this stuff is not really affected by the smallish economic changes, and even if it was it would be the bottom end of the market we would see drop first, thats what ive seen at other times and in other places etc. whereas the top of the market usually remains buoyant even if the prices drop back a bit, people like nice things if they have money, its the guys trying to get into the scene at the rebuild end that usually decide to save their money so the overpriced tat at the bottom end (those who got on the coattails of the good stuff) is where the market tends to drop first, and can become non existant. So, if that continues to go crazy like it is now I dont see a trend of anything but rising prices, wether thats good or bad is up to the individual and right now the top end looks like it needs adjustment as the low end is coming up to meet it.
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

The guy who bought them was the same guy who bought my 350. Looking to make two full bikes and part the rest out when finished. He's not mucking about either. Already got mine stripped down and bead blasting.

Following on from the full fairing quote Jon. I dropped my 250 plastic off at the same place last week. Got my quote of $2k for everything although the tank had just been stripped at Redi Strip and the stickers were from RD decals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
86 RZ250F restored. 84 RZ500 rebuild in progress, 73 CT3 in progress
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Interesting quote, much better than mine, same panels as well. hmm... I also have the same decals in my hands.
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

I wonder if I could 'retro-invoice' 3 gees to all my mates who's bikes I painted for free!
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

You paint bikes for free? I may have something for you.... ;-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Hah! No more Mister Nice-Guy !!!