lectron carb review

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

lectron carb review

Post by twinrock101 »

Well i finally did it.. i scratched the itch and bought a lectron carb for my dt200r..yes u read correctly..dt200r lol.
For those not familiar..lectron carbs are different in that they have no jets..but instead a metering rod in place of the jet needle hanging out of the slide..this measures air densitiy and self adjusts throughout any atmospheric and elevation changes that 2 stokes can be so affected by.
The metering rod is adjustible by simply screwing in or out just like moving the clip on a reg carb..however this effects from idle to WOT..basically u can adjust the rod till the bike starts, idles and revs nice clean and snappy..your done..get on and ride. Sounds all too easy, will it kinda is.You may feel the need to make slight adjustments after time spent in the saddle throttle response ect. There is also an adjustable power located at the top of the back of the carb..this is to fine tune full throttle and can simply be adjusted externally by screwing in or out with out removing anything.The result is beautifully smooth consistant power delivery, almost feels turbine electric feel.No matter morning, mid day summer heat or night..exactly the same. Now my bikes are never stock, pipes porting, airbox mods or removal have always had big effects on the stock carbs which become hard to really get right..and more to the point consistant.
The down side cost..they are not cheap..lookin at around $700 per carb.. i picked up a used one for $500..but i only need one not 2 like most of the peeps on here.
Also..its taken a bit of sting out of the tail..i had read this before on other reviews, power becomes more liner..but there is more of it there is less of a gap in transitions between bottom mid and top..great for racing..not for being a hooligan..lol
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: lectron carb review

Post by BRG1200 »

Haven't heard it explained like that before, interesting. Good luck with it.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

It would be nice to tune the 500 that easily, but nearly 3k for carbs... nah.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

Agreed, it would be nice to pick 'em up at a good price,
& for big budget classic racers they do offer an 'in period' flatslide,
but - if the Mikuni TMX is good enough for 2017 KTM 2Ts...