Post your Project Bike threads here.
Dave.T
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Newly Acquired RZ 350

Post by Dave.T »

Just purchased this old girl.
It's a matching no 350 1AH.

Was going to use it as a donor bike for my 83, but can't bear it to not see the road again.

If anyone can help me out with a front guard and fairing brackets, let me know.

Seen a fairing for sale on E-bay at the moment but still trying to get my head around the asking price.

Needs a few other bits and pieces. Be much appreciated if anyone can help out.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.37 KiB) Viewed 4070 times
:twisted: based in Werribee Melbourne :twisted:
Black/purple 95RGV
83 RWB RZ250/350
85 RZ350 (undergoing rebuild)
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Newly Acquired RZ 350

Post by L.B. »

I think i know the fairing you're talking about...for 450 lol.
I offered him 300 & he turned it down. Said he has closer offers to asking price..........i thought i offered a very fair price but anyways.
Good luck with this build,prolly best advice i can give id buy your parts from Canada & do it all before june....or is it july lol i cant remember.
Dave.T
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Dave.T »

Spot on L.B...
Sent a message saying I didn't want to upset seller with an insulting offer, and ask for Buy It Now price...No reply ...

International freight is crazy these days. Might have to book a cheap holiday to Canada, or just suck it up a pay stupid price for something that will take a week out of my life to make perfect.
Black/purple 95RGV
83 RWB RZ250/350
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Dave if you're in Australua I can probably help you with some parts. My mate is a wrecker, and he's closing down. I'll be helping him Thursday/Friday this week, he has RZ bodywork parts, and forks etc.
I did see a complete set of lowers in fibreglass, in good condition, surprisingly nice repro's but need paint. Give me a list I'll see what I can find.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

That bike looks too complete to break up, it's a "saver", surely.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

LB, what's the significance of June to the Maple smugglers?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Dave, for specifically RD LC and RZ parts you should also join the RDLCCrazy website forum.
That is a UK site, by a guy called Norbo, who is a legend in the UK scene. His online shop sells all manner of things that you'll need, from specially made Blingy items, through repro's of the useful parts, to generic master cylinders to sort out your toasted brakes.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

D, there will be imports (GST at the least) added to digital online purchases from July. AT THE VERY LEAST.

SMH led with telling us ALL imports will attract gst, but they were scare mongering from other things that ive read:
https://www.ato.gov.au/general/new-legi ... ted-goods/

This was more balanced:
http://thenewdaily.com.au/money/your-bu ... -shopping/
and contains this:
"But the application of GST to physical goods, heralded in this year’s budget, is yet to be legislated. The government released a draft of the proposed law in November, and submissions closed on December 2."

Really it should apply to digital goods ONLY, but... ebay has already got the code in place to charge GST, you can see it on your purchases from abroad.

Bear in mind that if you import goods over $1k now you attract GST, Inport Duty and a fee. That fee is dependant on who carries the goods, Ive not seen anything to say its standardised and have seen different fees on bills. And... of course, Auspost probably miss most parcels, FedEX[1] miss none as they enjoy getting their fee to much and have better resources. The plan was for that not to change, but who knows... no one has said it wont outright AFAIK.

This from the ATO doesnt mention digital, that says to me its 'all goods', digital and physical... and also services :
https://www.treasury.gov.au/~/media/Tre ... goods.ashx

So, may advice is that if you have the cash and want to buy from a larger online company selling parts to Aus, Partzilla, Amazon, Ebay. etc etc etc then you should do it before June, that way your order will be processed, sent, cleared and landed with you before July 1, when who knows if FedEx/Auspost etc will charge you or not on entry if under $1000 (its 'not', as per the old rules), its just not clear and why chance it if you already know what you need to order post July? The plan is 'not' but....

Bear in mind also that the seller registration with the ATO is for those who sell >$75k, thats a very low $ figure when selling anything into Aus really unless you sell 2c widgets, as I bet post is included in that figure and we all know how silly postage can be. I say that as it is included in the UK system for VAT reg as its all part of the money you take from the customer, including services you onsell like post. Assuming that customs have/build[2] the infrastructure to catch all senders addresses and record them, then create reports based on value then they can find and potentially black list sites[3] or goods from those sellers who are not registered. However, I cannot see that anytime soon. Its the 80/20 rule in action and the initial biz case for the systems on large players costed in nicely, the latter not so much... as ever. But, one day this will be done.

We should also note that we've had it great for a very long time. 1000 dollars is(was?) fantastic, no one in UK/EU would believe you if you said you had such a limit, theirs is basically zero and they stick to it rigidly. Interestingly I was told recently that the USA has a zero limit but will accept up to $200, and recently lifted this to around 600! Bizarre in my mind as Trump must surely change that of course to keep money/manufacturing(dont get me started on how silly that concept is) inside the USA.

Of course how did we get here? Was it Jerry Harvey moaning on about us buying overseas, or was it that the govt realised they were missing out on the tax portion of the sale? Maybe its a little of both, but the jokes on Jerry really if that is the case as 1, adding 10% to the things we buy O/S is nothing, you still often save a huge percentage doing that anyway and Jerry and his ilk needs to not rip us off instead of course (dont have the band width to discuss that here lol), and, 2, The govt is essentially saying, 'we dont care if you spend your money overseas and away from Aussie business, so long as we get our GST'. That last one is pretty amusing really, less so if youre Jerry Harvey LOL

What will be fun is if one state is allowed to have a different amount of GST than another, and NSW wanted 15% recently but the other states didnt agree they could. If that happened then the ATO would need to go back round the world and visit the ebays and amazons etc (it was a jolly for sure the first time) and ask them to charge differing rates based on postcode and I doubt they would be happy about that, especially as it opens the doors for more changes going forwards. It also means you could ship things to your mates in other states and get round the system, and the ATO wouldnt like that... and would you base the tax workings on the billing or delivery addy... huge can of worms... :Clap:

Anyway, all my 2c, make of it what you will.

1 - for FedEx read 'FedEx or other courier'
2 - Its not rocket science to do this, but its also not 'free', not even close as a few on here will know.
3 - the govt already black list some download sites at the request of content holders (its a legal process but its set a precedent)
Last edited by JonW on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Faaaaark.
Gouging wankers.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

All good points Jon. Times are certainly changing. Mind you, for those of us who've been privately importing all manner of shit from all over the world through eBay etc for the past 15 years, its been a wonderful journey!
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

All thanks to Gerry Harvey too.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Dave, spent the day at my friendly neighbourhood wreckers, have put aside some of the parts you're looking for. Found a few tiny bits for myself yoo, which is handy :-)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

BTW, you should totally go with that gold and green paint scheme ;-)
Dave.T
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Dave.T »

Mmmmm, could be onto something there.
Would have to do the wheels in some fluoro shade of orange and fit pink braided lines.
Where do you think I should put the rainbow stickers?
Black/purple 95RGV
83 RWB RZ250/350
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Next to the pink fluffy unicorns of course