Powder coaters Sydney

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Powder coaters Sydney

Post by Antman »

I’ve been getting some prices around where I live in the Inner west, primarily because it’s close to home and I don’t like traffic.

$600 to blast and powder is the lowest I could find seems a lot when the last frame I did cost $300....................was a while back mind you.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Powder coaters Sydney

Post by hybrid »

Doesn't sound too bad to me these days.
Try advanced powdercoating.

http://www.advancedpowdercoating.com.au/
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

You probably know about the powdercoat vs paint debate - I have heard of getting zinc coating under the powder coat to addrerss the rust issue. I very much like the idea and I would look into it (although expect extra $$$'s).

I have heard of a guy at Orange Grove (???) western syd who does it. I don't know much more than that although I have heard him highly spoken of from restorers I trust.

Good luck
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Peter Snell at Orangeville - specializes in small stuff for restos and hot rodders etc.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ive used a couple in Sydney and C/coast. just beware that if they blast it that they check it for blow thru damage before that coat. This is an industry of the lazy. Turn up the blaster and go mad, maybe saves a few mins, pour on the powder and it will cover anything and not get anyone coming back with an issue etc. Often the powder chips as the heat was too much/too long as well. Eg. the idiot on the c/coast I used blew holes in a frame and still powdered it and also on my ceramic coated pipes, neither will be an easy repair now theyre coated. The sydney guy's thick coated frame chips easily on corners of brackets.

I painted my own frame and it wasnt easy, Ive heard others have poor pro jobs with runs and issues. seems its not an easy thing to do as its complex. But I'll persevere with paint for now, its not that I dislike powder, i love it, when its done right. I do my own small parts now and so just know more about it than i used to.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Powder coater in Maitland i use only charged 300 for blast n coating frame & swinger.
But i agree with Jon. Ill paint from now on.