Hydraulic Clutchs

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Hydraulic Clutchs

Post by OzzyElsie »

(Long Story) but i have a freebie hydraulic clutch both master and slave cylinders.

I was thinking of fitting them to the LC. Whatcha think? Anyone done it?

It looks doable and pretty straight forward. The main reason is 'because I can' although I would be interested to see if there is any discernible advantage - smoothness etc. I have been think of fitting heavy clutch springs which might be complimented with the hydraulic clutch. Whatcha reckon?
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Hydraulic Clutchs

Post by JonW »

I almost fitted an aftermarket one from a Banshee but in the end decided I didnt need it, even with heavy springs the clutch is light enough with a decent cable.
Jethro5
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Jethro5 »

My last 2 bikes had hydraulic clutches and they were a pleasure to use. My LC is stock so not an option but for a non standard bike probably worth a try.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Here's the slave.....

But you have to admit that its tempting.......

Its not as though I haven't got anything to do :oops: :roll:
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

The info I gave above was for an RZ motor. Now that ive seen what youre doing I remember that quite a few guys have done this mod on the LC and AC forums I think. I looked at it about 5years back when I had a slave like here that but in the end it did seem like a lot of work for minimal gain. Some guy did sell a billet slave for the LC, but it was $200+.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

The clutch on my 500 is way nicer now that it's hydraulic. I'd do it.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Geoff,I took the advice of Jon 'the pain not worth the gain'. :oops:

However I was mainly persuaded by my own argument 'it not as though I hadn't enough to do". I fatalistically put it on evilpay - it went within 2 days $65 - I must have had too little $$$$$ on it :roll:

I might look at the project again in the future when I have less projects :roll:
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

LOL, I chucked the slave I had in the bin, it was a minter but I was in tidy up mode... ooops.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Here's a nice vid on the subject. I might have chosen differently if I had seen it earlier.

ciao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJRDUvZH5Iw