RD400E Project for sale

Looking to sell a 2Stroke bike?
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

RD400E Project for sale

Post by Ozhammer »

Hi fellow smokers, I am about to list one of my bikes on EBay but thought I would post it on here first, in the hope that it might go to another enthusiast rather than in the hands of someone who might cafe it. 8O

I have a tired but solid 1978 Yamaha RD400E project that I need to move on to fund other projects, which includes another 400E that I will start restoring this year.

The bike had supposedly been stored outside in a timber yard for a long time, so it will need a full restoration. There are some minor parts missing and everything will need either repainting or rechroming, so it won’t be a cheap job.

It does have the important matching engine and frame numbers and turns over with good compression, although I have not tried to start it given how long it had been stood for.

If you are interested, I should be able to assist the buyer with a number of the needed parts at mates rates, as I have been stockpiling bits for my other projects for several years.

I am looking for around $3k and can send photos to anyone that might be interested. I appreciate the price is not dirt cheap but just ask yourself when you last saw one of these for sale, plus they are the ultimate RD400 model to the majority of enthusiasts. It would certainly be worth good money if restored properly, so there is solid potential to more than cover any reasonable restoration spend.

Please text me on 0408 228791 or by PM for more info.

Cheers
Mark