Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Post by JonW »

Im sure a vast amount of work went into this and I saw pics of Phil's bike at a show parked next to this one so I know its being ridden/shown. But why do all that work to make something perfect for yourself and then try to sell it... They always sell better standard and I fear the next buyer will want it back to the OEM look.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/323200461641?ul_noapp=true
matty
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Re: Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Post by matty »

Yeah, I'm with you Jon.
You can't charge the moon when your selling your custom build.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Well you can if its pretty and well thought out... not all of them are tho, just sayin. lol
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Nothing to do with the above Rz

Every ones doin the Rgv thingo these days personally I think it makes an Lc look quite bulky and long, I don't see the point in making it look like a modern bike.

Id rather see an Lc with period mods personally.......................................then some guys like stock Lc's .
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Dont think many guys are doin RGV parts on their bikes now, the RGV stuff is circa $1500 to buy now...

FWIW If you put more power into an LC, lengthening the swinger is a good plan. slows the steering but also stops you ending up flipped.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

That’s true Jon re swingarm length, plenty of fellas out there racing on stock swingarms tho going faster than the average road punter.

I had a chat to the owner of that RZ when it was advertised for $6,900 on ebay strangely it disappeared the next day so I messaged him his reply was a punter came to look at it and dropped it in the driveway upon return.

He said the punter purchased it , but the add sounds like it’s the original Builder.
This is all very strange.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Maybe 7/10

I'm not a big fan of the Streetfighter style. I like the blue frame and fork legs, the yellow highlights. The seat tail piece is wrong and the mismatched decals make it more wrong.

Custom resto are always hard to sell and even hard to 'get your money back'. But it is still a case of buyer and seller having a meeting of minds and wallets - ya never know your luck in a big city..
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916