Aprilia RS250

Forum for Aprilia Two Strokes
lefrog

Aprilia RS250

Post by lefrog »

Hi there,

I have an 95 Aprilia RS250.

I changed the spark plugs this morning and stupidly didn't disconnect the fuel tank. It fell and with the fuel line still attached, it broke the fuel line connector to the engine.

I also have a suzuki RGV from 92 (I think). I will check tonight but does anyone know if this is the same engine? Can I take this part from the RGV and fit it directly onto the Aprilia?

Cheers

Eric
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Aprilia RS250

Post by wheels999 »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Yes, the engine is virtually identical to the vj22 RGV250 engine.

The fuel line runs from the petcock on the tank to the carburetors, which part was damaged?

Cheers, Markus.
lefrog wrote:Hi there,

I have an 95 Aprilia RS250.

I changed the spark plugs this morning and stupidly didn't disconnect the fuel tank. It fell and with the fuel line still attached, it broke the fuel line connector to the engine.

I also have a suzuki RGV from 92 (I think). I will check tonight but does anyone know if this is the same engine? Can I take this part from the RGV and fit it directly onto the Aprilia?

Cheers

Eric
lefrog

Post by lefrog »

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your email. The part I broke is the connection between the fuel line and the engine. I am going to check the RGV tonight...

E
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

lefrog wrote:Hi Markus,

Thank you for your email. The part I broke is the connection between the fuel line and the engine. I am going to check the RGV tonight...

E
I'm guessing you are talking about the carburator(s)?

See see the diagram attached.
Attachments
rs250_fuel_system.jpg
rs250_fuel_system.jpg (50.62 KiB) Viewed 4348 times