I think I'm going to have to sell my bikes - advice.

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I'm going to have to sell my bikes - advice.

Post by hybrid »

Circumstances have changed for me and I think keeping my bikes is probably not viable.
I might keep the LC because it's not running at the moment, but the 500 is probably going to go.

I'm after some advice from those of you who do a lot of trading. Where's the best place to sell it do you think?
I might even contact Mick Costin to see what it might be worth. It's certainly not at the level of the bikes he builds himself.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: I think I'm going to have to sell my bikes - advice.

Post by Ozhammer »

Gumtree seems to be a good route if you know what something is worth. Also posting ads on forums like this are likely to reach genuine enthusiasts, who should be prepared to give you a fair price.

HTH
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Gumtree.. really, wow. Every time I've had something on there I get swap requests and ridiculous lowball offers.
I guess ebay is an option too considering the Costin frame has worldwide appeal.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I hear you on gumtree, its always just wasted my time, but I did sell a few Hondas that way.

Lots of people swear by facebook marketplace but I would think something like your 500 would be best on ebay and bikesales, but neither are the ticket to a fast sale in Aus Ive found. Depends on how fast you need to sell maybe?
seizer
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Post by seizer »

Greetings.
In the US, there is a company called Iconic Motorbikes who use social media and online auctions to sell rare and high end bikes. Think 0 mile RC30’s, Desmosedicis, Suzuki Gammas, loads of amazing and rare bikes. Some custom builds as yours is also. They’ve sold bikes from Europe and Aus too. You might consider reaching out to them.

https://iconicmotorbikeauctions.com/

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Hi Jeff

If you want to sell your LC can I have first offer I’m looking for another one.

As to the 500 usedbikes is the place for it, and you will be dealing with a different demographic to gumtree.

Hope your well

Ant
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Actually the 500 really would be best first on the 500 forum, quite a few Aussie members there now. If that doesnt work then go for the other options.

The LC being modded will appeal to a wider audience than just the normal LC crowd.

Anyway, hope all is good Jeff and you found a way to keep em mate.