Annual Stinky Daze Run 2010

Ride days, get togethers, bike shows etc
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Annual Stinky Daze Run 2010

Post by wheels999 »

preacherman wrote:I'm in if my RG500 promises to play nice. I live in the Southern Highlands so could meet up at Goulburn and travel to Wollongong with you guys. Saturday is amazing for me as being a Pastor means Sunday excursions are not on except the 4th Sunday of the month.

I could invite a friend as he is always looking for an opportunity to run his Laverda. I'm not a good enough rider to push him on my RG but I am sure some of you guys could on your bikes. He is a bit of a nutter!!

Let me know what date and approx what time at Goulburn and we could meet up. Failing that I live in Exeter which is just off Sally's Corner Road at the McDonalds turn-off on the Hume Highway. I could organise a Sausage sizzle and you guys could stop here for lunch. I can organise some rare bikes to be here, and then we could ride the back way to Robertson, great sweeping bends, stop off at the Robertson Pie shop for a 2 Stroke display to all the bikers and head off to Wollongong. Does that sound OK? If not I will just join in as you wish.
Hey Lindon,

Thats sounds like a great idea... maybe we can sort out your carbs while we're there... there'll be some mechanical talent on that ride for sure.

We would definately like to have you along, even if its only for part of the way.

Cheers, Markus.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Excuse my ignorance but what happens on the 4th Sunday of the month that you get the day off?
preacherman

Post by preacherman »

HI EPA

I am a Baptist Pastor and we use the Uniting Church building in Bundanoon as the uniting Church do not use it much anymore. On the 4th Sunday the Uniting Church use the building leaving me free on that day.
One Sunday recently we invited the local bike club and their spouses for a pre-ride breakfast and a BBQ lunch after their ride. We had about 40 people and a good number of bikes. Great stuff.

You could say that I'm meeting my flock where they are at!!!!
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

preacherman wrote:I'm in if my RG500 promises to play nice. Saturday is amazing for me as being a Pastor means Sunday excursions are not on except the 4th Sunday of the month.
does this mean if we own a rg500 is a key to the gate?

cheers mike
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
preacherman

Post by preacherman »

Ha HA Mike

You'll have to negotiate that mate. I do believe though that if you own an RG500 you might get to the gate a bit quicker......especially if you are a lousy rider like me!!LOL.

It would be great if we could organise a National Rg500 gathering. Maybe I could see if possible to get a track day at Goulburn's racetrack. I contacted Kevin Schwantz's manager about a month ago to see if he would come over for a track weekend in NSW and he was happy with the idea. We would need to get a good response though. He would come with a team and do a weekend training for budding track stars he said.
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

preacherman wrote:Ha HA Mike

You'll have to negotiate that mate. I do believe though that if you own an RG500 you might get to the gate a bit quicker......especially if you are a lousy rider like me!!LOL.

It would be great if we could organise a National Rg500 gathering. Maybe I could see if possible to get a track day at Goulburn's racetrack. I contacted Kevin Schwantz's manager about a month ago to see if he would come over for a track weekend in NSW and he was happy with the idea. We would need to get a good response though. He would come with a team and do a weekend training for budding track stars he said.
We just missed a golden opportunity. Kevin was in Oz for the Aussie GP. Great interview on One HD yesterday before racing commenced.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I cant put this ride up on the VJMC forum and try to get a few more to come along if you want. Let me know.
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

i thought those guys hate mid 80's bikes as they dont have spoke wheels and dont realy comfirm to their image of vintage
thats all
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I am a member of the VJMC and have all sorts of bikes. I dont give a stuff what others like its a 15 year rule so if its 15 years old its in.
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

EPApolice wrote:I am a member of the VJMC and have all sorts of bikes. I dont give a stuff what others like its a 15 year rule so if its 15 years old its in.
Definately post it... I think the only requirement is that we want to see 2 stroke road bikes. Thats the point of it.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Ok I will put it up. Just checking first in case I was accuesed of hijacking the event.
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

EPApolice wrote:Ok I will put it up. Just checking first in case I was accuesed of hijacking the event.
Not at all... Ant was about to cancel it... so I'm really happy we've found a few more people that are interested. It would be nice to grow this event every year.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Its done.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Hello everyone how are we going for numbers?

Ant
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

Looks like Lindon (preacherman) may not be able to take part. He's had to shoot off to Perth to visit a sick family member and is not sure how long he'll be over there. Hoping for the best Lindon!

I'll bring myself and a friend (1 bike each).

I think Paul (TwoSmoker) and Pat (EPApolice) are pretty much definate (both RG400s).

A friend with an RGV250 may also make it (Harry).

I'll see if I can raise the chap with the RG500 that came along last year. I did email him a link, but he didn't respond.

Craig won't be able to do the support van unfortunately as he's not allowed to drive (doctor's orders). I may have a fallback option here.... I'll let you know if it comes together.

Cheers, Markus.