Japanese LC alloy finned side panels eg BEET Alfin etc

Looking for a part?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Japanese LC alloy finned side panels eg BEET Alfin etc

Post by JonW »

Im looking for something like these.

I know a few bikes were brought in by Old Gold that has these on and maybe you (or someone you know) bought one of those bikes and returned it to standard and have a set of these just sat in a box at the back of your thread.

Im trying to finish my JDM style LC build and would love to find a set of these in Aus.

And I also know that most people find these horrid things and think I am mad... thats fine, I accept that! :Clap:

BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Japanese LC alloy finned side panels eg BEET Alfin etc

Post by BRG1200 »

Mad but I see your idea
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Thanks D, just would love to find some in Aus. I know I can buy em from Japan but dont want the hassle of that ad hope someone here has a set they never wanted that came on a bike. Recycleing at its best :)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Looking forward to whatever Bosuzoku madness you come up with 👍😁
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Maybe thats what i should do if i ever find another frame. go all out JDM with high bars, crazy seat and tail etc. Need to learn how to play a tune on the throttle as well... its a thought!
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Doooooo iiiiiittt
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

LOL...

anyway, still looking for these side panels if anyone has removed a set from an import bike (I know old gold bought a couple in with them on) thinking they are ugly :)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Old Gold shut down or were due to soon, have you called them?
CNKXU1

Post by CNKXU1 »

That's a long wait Jonw. Have you thought of 3d print? Or mod some low quality ones.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

The problem with 3D printing is that they are inherently floppy with all the slits in them so Ive not progressed that idea, I reckon they would crack when removed. I think thats why these are cast alloy and not plastic originally.

They are pretty easy to find on yahoo.jp and other sales sites in Japan, but they are expensive to buy as you need to have an account with some place that will do the buying for you and then pay for shipping from the seller to them, a repack fee and then more shipping and taxes to import and then onsending to you when they arrive. So for a not mega expensive part they end up costing a lot and I dont love them enough to pay that.

Also when you buy like that you pay everything up front and then they arrive... they could be trashed or missing parts or not even the right thing and youve no real recourse. I defo dont want to go through that.

I'm ok with waiting. I was hoping someone would have a set on their shelf or in a box as I know Old Gold bought a few bikes in with these on them and most people would have taken them off as 99% of guys dont like them. If i could find one of those guys i was hoping they could get some cash for something they wont use and I'd have less hassle. Seems a shame to know there are sets here in Aus and most likely not being used...

I'll keep looking. The bike is built that will wear them its just a bit naked without them...