Is there anybody out there?

Forum for general 2Stroke technical chat. Port design, pipe design, ignition control...
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Is there anybody out there?

Post by jools »

Seems very quiet here nowadays... It used to be pretty active, but not so recently.
Maybe everyone's moved over to some 'Fastbuck' social media site, I bet that's what it is.
Shame.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Is there anybody out there?

Post by JonW »

Im still here everyday Jools, but you knew that lol

Im defo not moving to Facebook. Land of the impatient and the ill informed it seems. I'll stay where people know their onions... er, and bike stuff. :lol:
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Goodonya Jon. Since I sold my RZ I only drop in occasionally, but still retain the interest.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Its always good to keep up on the world of 2T i always think, you never know you might get another :)
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Still have my Suzi GT500 so haven't left the smoker-world, (though my back is giving me curry so can't ride at the mo').
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I still check in every couple of days. I guess people are just busy with life. I have a few things I could add but my projects crawl ahead at a glacial pace due to family life and huge expenses. I’m not doing anything super exiting and due to constraints only do a half-arsed fix on a bike very occasionally.
I’m always very exited to see what people who are actually and actively improving their bikes are up to.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Ozhammer »

I generally check in on this site every few days, just to see what’s cooking but as Jools says, it’s usually pretty quiet these days.

Like JonW, there’s no way in hell you will find me on FaceSpace ever, period, so forums are really my only way to stay connected.

Hey D, a mate and I have just picked up a brace of RD400E projects from your neck of the woods, so would appreciate any advice you might be able to offer with regard to getting them back to NSW cost-effectively.

TIA
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Blimey Mr Hammer, how’d you find those? Haven’t seen a 400 for sale for a while.
I’ll do a little research from this end re transport.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Blimey Mr Hammer, how’d you find those? Haven’t seen a 400 for sale for a while.
I’ll do a little research from this end re transport.
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Ozhammer »

They were on JustBikes and I only found out about them via a tip off on the Aircooled RD forum, so it was a bit fortunate.

They are certainly a rare machine, so when you see one for sensible money, you have to move quickly.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

You do.
I bought a ratty one years ago, and it’ll be years before I get to it.
Have hardly seen any for sale since. Though I’ve only really been casually browsing on gumtree and ebay.
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Ozhammer »

This one will be my fourth 2 E’s, an F and a G, so you can probably guess I am a fan of them. In fact, I enjoy riding my 400’s more than my LC in truth, albeit the LC is better at many things, it’s just the aircooled character that gets under my skin.

If you have any thoughts on transport, they would be much appreciated D.

Cheers
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hi, only a new member.. need a bit of expert help.
Would also like to hook up with other smokers from syd area
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Ozhammer »

Welcome Charlie, whereabouts in Sydney are you and what sort of help are you looking for?

I am certainly happy to assist if I can.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hi mate in western Sydney.
I am chasing a replacement rz 500 clutch boss or complete assembly