Result

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Result

Post by BRG1200 »

Bought a ratty DT175 (1EJ, 1984ish) for my daughter last year, been stalled on it as it turned out the clutch was truly rooted, basket tangs dented by plates to I’d guess about 3mm, steels rusty, fibres fried etc.
Looked around for a cost effective replacement clutch, but they seem to have dried up.
Looked around the internet for a new bare basket, best I could find was CMS but around $500AU.
A mate sends me a link to a DT petrol tank locally and when I go and sniff around the young bloke is selling bits on behalf of his dad who speaks little english but has dismantled a late DT175 to send parts back to home country the Phillipines.
“Any other parts you’d be interested in selling?” and $300 later I’m zipping home with a battered tank and a complete motor in apparently good nick with a perfect clutch - woohoo!
Always pays to ask.
And have cash in pocket.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Result

Post by Ozhammer »

It’s amazing what turns up when you don’t expect it and there are still bargains to be found out there. I recently picked up a complete RD400 seat, tail fairing and side strips for very reasonable money so was absolutely stoked, although perhaps that was just Karma seeing as I had given my spare seat to someone building a tribute bike to a terminally ill relative?