Hi..new member asking for advice.

Tell us about yourself and your bike(s), car(s), boat(s) or other toys
Yahooooey
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Hi..new member asking for advice.

Post by Yahooooey »

Hi everyone, firstly, thanks for allowing me to join your forum.

I haven't searched, but I'll assume there is more than one post like mine; sorry if it looks like a broken record; I'd like to apologize straight up; however, the treasury department, she has approved the project!

Admin's if this is the wrong location, please move it to the appropriate spot.

So some background.

I'm doing a new project, so I'm after advice and help or a hand on how to go about it. I have customized a few bikes in my time, but no Rd's. So I have a good understanding of the cost plus the workload ahead, I'm located in Boronia, Victoria.

I have an RD350LC (also have a spare frame), which I'm planning on customizing the crap out of. My dream is to create an RD350LC hybrid. I'm currently working out my expenses, hence the post. I have a good idea of the budget.

Enclosed below is my wish list, so I would appreciate it if anyone could help, do or point me in the right direction. This is spreadsheet time, so feel free to please let me know your price and availability for the part or service.

I'm asking those who have done it, either members, moders, or suppliers, to help. The bike's colors will be Yellow with black and Gold accents, of course with KR stripe, off the shelf, or custom decals or paint. I'm open to all. If you have either silver or black Anodised options, let me know, I can get stuff re-dipped.

Here is my wish list:

1/ So I'm looking to get inverted forks (upside down..old school, that's me) with radial caliper Brembo of Nissin, Dual disc of course, including master cylinder, controls lever, etc. (if you can help me get the triple clamps to suit, off the shelve or bespoke, please post). I'm thinking R1 or GSX front end at the moment, but open to suggestions.

2/ Aluminum Rear swing arm, I'm thinking Fireblades or Aprilla's; I believe I've seen them on RD's, sorry if I'm wrong. That is the kind of thing I'm after; just let me know; I'll get it anodized gold if it's Silver or Black.

3/ Rear disc setup to suit item 2. Calipers, master cylinder, can include rear set, i.e., pedal and peg set. If you can do the peg set, etc., I'd appreciate it; if not, that would be cool if someone could assist or point me in the right direction.

4/ A set of rims to suit 1, 2 and 3.

5/ I'd like the Engine to be completely rebuilt, stripdown, including blueprinting, like a crate motor. I'd also like it bored out to the Max (500CC would be good) anything over 450cc is excellent). I want to keep the original eng number and casting. I know of some overseas sites I could ship the Engine to, so feedback on their performance would be appreciated.

6/ I'm looking for new Carbs, cables, and control, jetted ready to go to suit item 5; if you can do items 5 and 6, perfect! If you can do an EFI system ( I don't know if it's a thing), but I'm up for it.

7/ Tuned (titanium or whatever you have) pipes, bolt-on is best for me; I can do some frame mods if required, just let me know; again, if this is supplier for items 5 and 6, that would even be better.

8/ I'll need the latest Eng oiler ejector system to suit the above (if it comes with the Engine, item 5, 6, or 7, I'm all in)

9/ Full Digital Dash and the latest controls, I'd look at even except a bespoke job, I'd like it to have GPS inbuilt with track layouts, Motec style. if possiblel.

10/ New bar controls, throttle, clutch, brake to suit item 1, happy to go whatever brand as long as I can wire them up, and they interact with the list above.

If I think of any more, I'll add to the post.

I can do all the paint and framework, Mig/Tig, so not an issue; I have my own gear.

Cheers, and thanks for reading, Chris
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Hi..new member asking for advice.

Post by JonW »

There is quite a lot of info out there on this and other forums and the net, my own website (if its still up, ive not paid the bill) has a bunch of info about my own 421cc LC with RGV running gear.

Have a read around the subject, lots of the questions you ask have been covered.

If you were looking for someone to tell you what to buy or sell you the parts i worry you'll miss quite a bit of the build experience as working out how to do things and getting something new to work is part of the fun.