Australian Yamaha Parts Supplier recommendations

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
exup

Australian Yamaha Parts Supplier recommendations

Post by exup »

Hi,
restoring my RZ's (very slowly) and will need to replace the crank seals. I have been buying bits and bobs from wemoto and yambits, but when it comes to critical parts like bearing and seals I would like to get genuine.
So who do people recommend as suppliers for original parts in Oz. Is it just a case of googling for current stocks or is there a good Yamaha supplier that everyone tends to gravitate to?

I have order some non critical bits from wemoto and they came in as genuine Yamaha parts, so not sure if wemoto is selling genuine seals, cant tell from their pictures.

cheers
Watch paint dry on my RZ restoration channel :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoW1ur ... v5S6IFHXBw
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Australian Yamaha Parts Supplier recommendations

Post by JonW »

I did a post a while back about where to buy stuff and a lot of that is still current. In Aus I use the local dealers online ordering for some parts but am wary of costs and cross shop with Japanese and Eu/USA/UK as well.

you will find some things are good value here and others are stupid priced, the same with every market it seems.

you'll also find if you buy enough stuff some places ship for free - that can save you a packet.

Always make your bill (incl post) under A$900ish to avoid import taxes.

Some names; webike, megazip, cmsnl, Trooper Lu, Gladstone, Partzilla... but others are alos good.

FYI crank seals are generally good value in the USA and other places but less good value here. ALWAYS buy OEM - I know you already know this. Yambits isnt a write off tho, they sell lots of good stuff, just avoid their moulded rubber parts as a general rule.
exup

Post by exup »

thanks I recognise a few of them, so will just trawl the interwebs for best prices on genuine parts.
Watch paint dry on my RZ restoration channel :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoW1ur ... v5S6IFHXBw
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

yes, my advice is to make a list of part numbers and then find out who is cheapest. note that. build the list up and buy when you have enough to get free post or you need to get stuff 'now'. bear in mind that slow boat from Japan takes 3months (ie webike offers seamail along with fast post, but most only offer expensive air) and that Au dealers also have a slow deal with Japan and it can be 6wks-3mths as well if parts not in stock and few RD/RZ parts ever are.

So yes, you need to play the averages and become the boss of parts if you need a bunch, but its worth it as you'll save a packet along the way. The worst way to buy is to need a part 'now' and buy each part on its own and pay post etc. Buy ahead and buy in bulk...