mods. to Cagiva mito

Topics regarding other 2Stroke bikes, Customs etc
doobie

mods. to Cagiva mito

Post by doobie »

any one in OZ modified there Cagiva? im interested in hearing from owners who have modified there bikes and had good results and what gear they used. i have a 2004 model in very good condition and am looking to get a bit more out of my bike. i have checked out the overseas forums and have got some ideas.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: mods. to Cagiva mito

Post by 2TInstitute »

They are a good engine you can screw 30 odd HP out of them with out to much trouble. As with most 2T engine ignition , pipe and ports make the power. A 34mm Delorto and a V Force reed cage would be first on the list. Changing to the flat top SP piston and modify the combustion chamber would be next the the port job, pipe and ignition.
PM me if you want any more info.
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

yep agreed.

I would recomend just doing mild mods on the motor first and then fixing the suspension and putting the bike on a diet next, before going nuts on the motor...

with a stock, derestricted motor (25 rw hp) I was cooking my reartyre at phillip island because the rear shock is pityfully hard and it was also scary around lukey heights braking at the downhill hairpin coz the front forks are rediculously soft!!!

remedy shocks...
vj22 rgv 250 shock off ebay (cheap option, minor mods needed)
nitron mito shock (less work but more expensive, see ebay uk)
mito SP adjustable shock (how much money you got? see collywog on 125ccsportsbikes.com)

remedy front forks
aprilia rs250 forks (or complete front end!) minimal mods needed (see 2Tinstitute or yahoo japan auctions)
ducati 996 (etc) forks (need respringing)

some people have had success with NSR250 magtek magnesium wheels on their mito but they are pretty soft wheels (potholes :S uh oh!)
they are pretty darn light tho!

check out my mito380 build on this forum if you need any more ideas, lozzas running this thread so I wont touch it but iv also got a more detailed build thread on www.rapidbikes.com.au/forum

cheers
Jeram
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

also...

is your bike derestricted?

you can check by looking at the exhaust header
is there a section that has been cut off and welded?

if not i can show you how to do that, and modify the airbox and rejet... that will increase your hp from 14 to 20-somthing..

jeram

yeah...
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
doobie

Post by doobie »

yes, my exhaust is the un-restricted type, i would appreciate any info on modifying the airbox and jets.
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

if your bike is running fine with the derestricted pipe then the jets have already been changed.

derestriction instructions for the cagiva mito
http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/ ... opic=20263

bolt by bolt rebuild instructions with pics
http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/ ... opic=53345

parts suppliers
http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/ ... howforum=8

read those threads, then if you need to know more join that forum because then you can use the search function :)
I guarentee you that every question you will ask has already been asked a million times already so just search for it and get your answer instantly...

yeah...
huh?...