fuel injection for the 500

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
rz500guy

fuel injection for the 500

Post by rz500guy »

hybrid I want to have a go at fuel injecting my 784 motor, can you give me an idea how this will or willnot work, I am hoping to use a single throttle body for the upper and lower 2 cylinders to share, kind of like what I did with the pumper carb that I have now only I cannot jet each cylinder individually, so I am hoping I can install an injector in the reed area and let it draw air from the throttle body, I will check back to see if I'm a dreamer or your a god. Gus
I think I'm loosing my mind
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: fuel injection for the 500

Post by hybrid »

Hi Gus,
what you're suggesting should work fine. You should be able to weld an injector bung into the intake pointing towards the reeds. The engine won't care how it gets the air, so a shared setup should work just fine.

Which ECU are you going to use?
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
rz500guy

Post by rz500guy »

aahhhhhhh, no idea thats the problem I know how a car works but I have no ides what injector, ECU, MAF nothin thats where I'm hoping you smart guys come in
I think I'm loosing my mind
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well we're all using the megasquirt (or derivative).
MAF = Mass Air Flow

It measures the amount of air actually going into the engine instead of calculating it via RPM vs MAP (Mass Air Pressure) or RPM vs TPS (Throttle Position).

It's really the most accurate method of measuring what is going into the engine, and should take into account factors such as coming on the pipe, differences in pipe temperature etc.

The down side is that they are quite large devices, and trying to find somewhere to fit one is the issue.