Sydney Trackdays / Easter Creek and Oran Park

Ride days, get togethers, bike shows etc
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Sydney Trackdays / Easter Creek and Oran Park

Post by wheels999 »

Hey Sydneysiders (visitors welcome! ;-)),

I'm booked for Eastern Creek on Sunday the 8th of November and will have a Victorian visitor along. Anyone booked for this day? Selling fast, almost sold out.

Also just booked for Oran Park on Saturday, December 19th. Still has spots in all groups at the moment. Jason is coming along for that one, though I think he'll be attending on a Diesel, as his RS250 engine is currently being re-built.

Cheers, Markus.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sydney Trackdays / Easter Creek and Oran Park

Post by hybrid »

I'll see how I go.. might be able to make the December 19th one.

How much does it cost?
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

hybrid wrote:I'll see how I go.. might be able to make the December 19th one.

How much does it cost?

$150

Cheers, Markus.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Hi Markus, just wondering what is involved at a Track Day these days ?

Its been a long break from bikes for me, and I was considering going to one, but just wanted to know general format for the day, what happens, what gear you need, any special licencing etc etc and obviously how much.

Are there specific classes eg, 2 strokes, they run?

And just lastly, where / how do you book, or would you be abel to post contact details . website etc.

Many thanks
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Groups usually go by how fast you are, not so much by bike type.
You can start in the beginners group and see how you go.
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

DOC03 wrote:Hi Markus, just wondering what is involved at a Track Day these days ?

Its been a long break from bikes for me, and I was considering going to one, but just wanted to know general format for the day, what happens, what gear you need, any special licencing etc etc and obviously how much.

Are there specific classes eg, 2 strokes, they run?

And just lastly, where / how do you book, or would you be abel to post contact details . website etc.

Many thanks
Gday mate,

Its all pretty straightforward. You need full leathers, either one piece or zip-together two piece, gloves, helmet, boots, etc.

Your bike will be inspected. They will check your brakes activate, that your throttle winds back to idle by itself, chain tension and a general checkoover for loose bits.

As far as I know, only one mob does trackdays at Easter Creek these days;

http://easterncreekridedays.com.au/

As Hybrid mentioned, they run in groups; slow, medium slow, medium fast, and fast. They run six sessions for each group on the day, unless there are major delays due to people crashing their bikes or not tightening the sump plugs on their Gixxers properly (true story).

For your first track day I'd recommend doing the slow group. The first session with the slow group includes a guided lap around the track with one of the California Superbike school instructors to show you lines and turn-in points.

I typically ride in the medium slow group. My best time on my Prilia RS250 is 2.00 which is not particularly fast, but keeps up with most folk in the medium slow group. Its partuclarly fun to ride around all the big bikes at the back of the circuit.

You have to book ahead quite some time these days. A couple of years ago, you could still get spots a week before the day. Now they're booked out about a month or more before they're on.

Make sure you post when you book... might just join you.

Cheers, Markus.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Cool, thanks very much Markus for the info, its sounds like a bag of fun.

Im sure that will also help and maybe convince a few others to have a go, ill definitely be looking into it and will have a go when I get the LC running just a bit sparkier.

Thanks again.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I definitely want to have a go... just need to get some carbs sorted on my 500 first.

I would also like to go to an advanced riding course with the Mrs first.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Actually a mate wants to do the advanced riding course too. He just got a new Duke and before doing a track day mentioned it he really wanted to do the advanced riding day first as it just sharpens your skills.
How much are they Hybrid and what sort of nubers do they do in a class ?
Maybe we could get a group together from the forum ?
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

DOC03 wrote:Actually a mate wants to do the advanced riding course too. He just got a new Duke and before doing a track day mentioned it he really wanted to do the advanced riding day first as it just sharpens your skills.
How much are they Hybrid and what sort of nubers do they do in a class ?
Maybe we could get a group together from the forum ?
I liked the California Superbike School classes.... they are probaby the most expensive ones, but run fairly regularly... four levels to complete. One level per day.

More info here;

http://www.superbikeschool.com.au/

Same mob who run the Eastern Creek track days.

Cheers, Markus.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I got a pamphlet from the stay upright mob that do the learners course.
Ill have to try and find it.

THey have a website, but no prices on there.

http://www.stayupright.com.au/advanced.htm
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

I think the Stay Upright is the one my mate was talking about and he said about $400 for the day with all your own gear.

The Californian Superbike one sounds great, but its getting up there for a day, especially if you look at riding one of their bikes, but i guess you'd get a fair amount of skills from it.

Id be interested to see what the group sizes are like in both to compare what you get for your money.