Honda 550/4 1977

Topics regarding Honda 2Strokes
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Honda 550/4 1977

Post by L.B. »

Hi guys,
Doing this for an old mate thats not doing too well health wise.He has this Honda CB550 & wants to ride it one last time,has asked me to get it going again/rebuild it.
Honda's I dont have a clue where to find parts etc.
So anyone that can help me,help a mate to get his bike going?Need to rebuild engine (can do myself np's) mainly need a good lead for seals,bearings all that comes with a bike rebuild.......
TIA!
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Honda 550/4 1977

Post by Jeram »

Id be more inclined to search the cb750 forums... Im guessing there must be a few good ones??

hopefully someone somewhere can help :)
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

David Silver spares in the UK is where guys go for parts for CB Hondas.
graham
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by graham »

Mate, its a Honda 4....... if it turns over and has compression, it just needs the carbs taken off and properly cleaned and it will run forever....just get the rats out off the air filter..... 8O

If it doesn't turn over and have compression well it probably would cost double what its worth to get it to run.

But there is every chance that if it has been indoors for the last 10 years it will run like a new one.

I remember when I lived in Darwin about 1992 going to a bikie piss-up and the party trick was a guessing contest about how long an old CB175 Honda twin would last if they drained all the oil out and locked it on full throttle.

Well the longest time they bet was 4 mins so I bet on 3 times that (12mins)
I knew that there is still 250cc of oil in the motor when draining.

Well after 25 mins and I had collect the bottle of Jack..... and the plastic sidecovers had melted and the exhausts were glowing red hot, they were all really pissed off that it was still valve bouncing away and they had to smash a bottle into the carb to let bits of glass finally keep a valve open long enough to stop it...... What really pissed them off was that I wanted to bet them $100 that one of their Harley's wouldn't last one minute doing the same thing...... :lol:

Graham