Ric Lance built RG500

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
ozgamma

Ric Lance built RG500

Post by ozgamma »

Custom built in North Carolina by Gamma legend Ric Lance this RG represents the totally engineered Gamma solution. Starting with a front to back engine makeover which includes capacity increase close to 600cc to beef out the midrange , larger radiator , flowed ports , larger carbs and pods , close ratio gearbox , improved smooth action clutch and Crawford pipes . The chassis is reworked with updated Marchesinni magnesium wheels , moded swing arm , brakes , shocks , custom fork internals etc etc etc . The bike is completed with AAA quality glasswork and paint job.
Attachments
lance gamma.jpg
(90.8 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Ric Lance built RG500

Post by 2TInstitute »

The Crawford pipes have been scrapped in favour of 'slingers' pipes
ozgamma

Post by ozgamma »

2TInstitute wrote:The Crawford pipes have been scrapped in favour of 'slingers' pipes
Crawford is in his seventies and it very hard to get him to make any more . Ric has sourced another maker , as yet I don't believe he has fitted any.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

The Crawford pipes were pretty shit frankly, Glyn aka Slinger on many forums made the new pipes,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHuAiYmO ... r_embedded

http://www.rzrd500.com/500phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10292
RGMan

Post by RGMan »

ozgamma wrote:
2TInstitute wrote:The Crawford pipes have been scrapped in favour of 'slingers' pipes
Crawford is in his seventies and it very hard to get him to make any more . Ric has sourced another maker , as yet I don't believe he has fitted any.
Ric has now fitted his pipes and they are available to purchase as of Dec 2011. He has a video on his website... they sound great!

I speak to Ric on and off to source parts / advice etc and he spoke a lot of the "heading to Sydney" build...
ozgamma

Post by ozgamma »

Would you like to expand on your criticism of the Crawford pipes . They were not scrapped by Ric , Crawford in his seventies was no longer able to supply new pipes , Ric went searching elsewhere . The 'slinger' pipes may well be better . Where are they better ? Mid range , top end , everywhere , you can't have it all . Ric typically tunes his RG's as a rideable package trying to avoid a top end only hit .Comments to date have been less than articulate . New pipes 'sound great' hardly educates us as all . Your links say the slinger pipes are for stock or near stock engines . My engine is running larger carbs with bigger jets , has been bored for a capacity increase , and has had porting work etc done .
RGMan

Post by RGMan »

ozgamma wrote:Would you like to expand on your criticism of the Crawford pipes . They were not scrapped by Ric , Crawford in his seventies was no longer able to supply new pipes , Ric went searching elsewhere . The 'slinger' pipes may well be better . Where are they better ? Mid range , top end , everywhere , you can't have it all . Ric typically tunes his RG's as a rideable package trying to avoid a top end only hit .Comments to date have been less than articulate . New pipes 'sound great' hardly educates us as all . Your links say the slinger pipes are for stock or near stock engines . My engine is running larger carbs with bigger jets , has been bored for a capacity increase , and has had porting work etc done .
Firstly, I didn't criticise the Crawford pipes...

My post was a response to you to confirm that Ric's new pipes are indeed now available; according to Ric, approx US$2200 shipped to Australia.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Does Rick Lance say Glyn's pipes are better?
RGMan

Post by RGMan »

2TInstitute wrote:Does Rick Lance say Glyn's pipes are better?
I haven't asked him if he thinks they are better but he has said that he is happy with how they perform. As has previously been said, Rick tunes his bikes to be rideable with good balance between midrange and top end. They are also apparently not too loud so ok for street use, though I assume the TC pipes are too?

Some further discussions (and pictures) on other forums: -

http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/index.ph ... nce-pipes/

http://www.rzrd500.com/500phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10292

http://www.rzrd500.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... cba9e44e3c
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

$2200 is he for real? The same job here would be $800
RGMan

Post by RGMan »

2TInstitute wrote:$2200 is he for real? The same job here would be $800
The price compares well with Lomas, Jolly Moto etc shipped here.

I would love to know where I could get quality RG500 expansion chambers for $800!
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Ask around, I'm sure you'll find where you can get them
greigprice

Post by greigprice »

well you made the statement how about you tell us? I would love to know as well.
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

Ahhh, your funny 2Ti... Was that intended as an Inn joke?

are the 800 dollar pipes as close I think they are?
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

greigprice wrote:well you made the statement how about you tell us? I would love to know as well.
The "search" feature should reveal all.

You'll get all 4 pipes for the $800 too Jeram, you buying a RG5 are you?