Can anyone recommed a motorbike transport company?Update.31/

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
strokerman

Can anyone recommed a motorbike transport company?Update.31/

Post by strokerman »

Hi,

Am asking if anyone recommend a bike transport company they may have used?

I'm looking at transing a suzi 500 from wollongong to near CBD brisbane?
Any idea what I would expect to pay?

Thanks in advance

UPDATE 31/1/2012; FOUND ONE THANKS. $350 - 3 days door to door. Used htmcmovers.com.au. Sounds all good. We''ll asume the best. Will let the board know how it goes.

UPDATE 5 FEB 2012: Bike arrived today. I used Here & There Motorcycle Movers. I would highly recommend them. Peter Richardson is his name. Web: htmcmovers.com.au He picked up at the specified time, kept in touch each day by phone and dropped it off at the specified time with plenty of notice 3 days later. NSW-Qld = $350. He's got a good big van, plenty of tie downs, wheel racks and no damage. Highly recommend this chap to move bikes anywhere.
Cheers

strokerman
Last edited by strokerman on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Can anyone recommed a motorbike transport company?

Post by EPApolice »

Try this guy I have paid about $350 ish in the past going the other way. Steve 0408 248 382
strokerman

Post by strokerman »

EPApolice wrote:Try this guy I have paid about $350 ish in the past going the other way. Steve 0408 248 382

Thanks for the reply mate.

Cheers

strokerman
driftke70

Post by driftke70 »

i have just used a company called bikenuts, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY>

sent the wrong bike (expecting an rgv and received an rs250), have ZERO communication, tracing on their website doesn't work, i have no idea where my bike is, they told me the bike would be here yesterday after the cockup and I still have no received the bike. Almost a MONTH!!!!!!! Well over it.
strokerman

Post by strokerman »

driftke70 wrote:i have just used a company called bikenuts, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY>

sent the wrong bike (expecting an rgv and received an rs250), have ZERO communication, tracing on their website doesn't work, i have no idea where my bike is, they told me the bike would be here yesterday after the cockup and I still have no received the bike. Almost a MONTH!!!!!!! Well over it.
Cheers mate, thanks for that. Totally sucks. Hope she turns up soon.
strokerman

Post by strokerman »

strokerman wrote:
driftke70 wrote:i have just used a company called bikenuts, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY>

Cheers mate, thanks for that. Totally sucks. Hope she turns up soon.
UPDATE: Hey drifke70, has ya bike turned up yet. Thanks for the warning, I was considering them myself.
driftke70

Re: Can anyone recommed a motorbike transport company?Update

Post by driftke70 »

yeah it has, about a month after pickup. They ended up giving it to a third party to finish the job. The third party guy told me though that it was seriously a one off and the company is normally one of the better groups.

The thing that annoys me the most about the whole ordeal is I not once got an apology, or a phone call keeping me updated with my bikes location, or any form of decent communication.

They said they would give me a ebay voucher or something for their online store and that it was already on the invoice, which it wasnt and I havnt seen anything of. I was polite and understanding the whole time so its not like they were scared of me yelling at them through the phone or something. Just lazy I assume.
collector

Re: Can anyone recommed a motorbike transport company?Update

Post by collector »

Bikenut is only a third party booking company only. They use "bikesonly" to do their transportation to their depots in each state. They then use an independant local company to transport to you if you chose the door to door option.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Can anyone recommed a motorbike transport company?Update.31/

Post by ken007 »

if my bike went missing for a month i dont know how i would handle that, you must be a saint.glad it arrived safe and sound.