MVX

Topics regarding Honda 2Strokes
Tel750

MVX

Post by Tel750 »

Hi all, new here. Have a MVX250 runs good but have broken something in the gear box, have spares but can't find anyone in Melbourne to do the work. Can anyone pass on a name.
I have been told a guy called Dietmar Schultz can do it but can't find any contacts.
Have a bunch of other new or near new parts to fit as well.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: MVX

Post by 2TInstitute »

Beware the rear cylinder gets hot quickly. Dietmar seems to be on some extended holiday. You could try Trevor Lusby in Sydney.

I reckon with 3 CR 80 or 85 cylinders , v forces and proper chambers fitted to a better chassis they would be an awesome fun bike
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

mxv eh? cool
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I have an MVX as well but is out of rego at the moment. Its a strange bike to ride but goes well considering its supposed to be a time bomb. It has a great sound as you wind it up. The only issue I have had so far was one CDI was faulty after the rear wheel had bottomed out on the guard and worn a hole in the guard and as the three CDI units are bolted to that they got pulled through and ripped off all the wires. The culprit just did the usual bodge to keep going so I swapped in a spare I had and shes all sotred now.
graham
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by graham »

Rear cylinder has a 25mm? solid piston pin to attempt to balance the motor somewhat.

You would not think that could cause any problems would you? :roll:

Rates about as good a design as the first VF750S with crumbling cam lobes and cam chain tensioners that would not work even though they had 3 redesigns. Honda were so embarrassed that they then made the VFR 750 which was probably the best engineered bike they ever made, and they sold them less than the price it cost to make them for 5 years to get their reputation back.

Ahhhhhh it was fun being a motorcycle mechanic in the 80's :lol:

Mind you Yamahas in the 70's were fun...... TX500......TX750........
at least the two strokes were ok......

Well there was the RT1/2 that wanted to break your foot every time you kicked it.......and the SC500 that seized everytime you were WOT in top gear...

Sounds like we need a new thread on the worst design features.....

Graham
Tel750

Post by Tel750 »

Still looking for a mechanic in Melbourne, Sydney a bit far to push the old girl.
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

Iv seen RGs and RDs getting restored at Ace Motorcycle Wreckers in Hiedelburg.

they wouldnt be a bad choice...

nice blokes :)

yeah...
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

When I heard about the reputation of the MVX I had to get one. Most people just disregard the bike as a VT250 and then do a double take when they see the three pipes and wonder what the hell it is.
My mate had one back in the day and sold it at 40,000kms and never had an issue, must have been a different motor.
Tel750

Post by Tel750 »

Thanks for the tip, will give them a try.
Had a MVX from new and burnt a hole in the centre piston after 3000k, after that ran cold plugs and never had a problem. The one I have now also runs those same cold plugs.
Are there any organised 2stroker ride days in Melbourne?
cheers
Roadbandit

Post by Roadbandit »

Give In-tune motorcycle services (03) 9879 6688 a call out at Ringwood. Speak to Tim... he's the boss and knows his stuff.
If he doesn't want to do it he could probably put you onto someone who can assist...

They do all of my work and have been more than helpful with my dumb questions....
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

graham wrote:
Well there was the RT1/2 that wanted to break your foot every time you kicked it.......and the SC500 that seized everytime you were WOT in top gear...

Graham
In the VMX world there was a threat to build the worlds biggest shitter adorned with every dud product ever made on it. Nylon sprockets, plastic levers, travel extenders etc etc got bogged down it which bike was the biggest shitter to begin with :lol:
My suggestion was it be adorned with a gold bling DG head...........imagine how that went down :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

2TInstitute wrote:
graham wrote:

Graham
In the VMX world there was a threat to build the worlds biggest shitter adorned with every dud product ever made on it. Nylon sprockets, plastic levers, travel extenders etc etc got bogged down it which bike was the biggest shitter to begin with :lol:
My suggestion was it be adorned with a gold bling DG head...........imagine how that went down :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dunno mate, I think my phat head takes the cake for shitiest head design yeah?

you saw those semi-sphere domes? and the 1mm oring that didnt even fit in the oring groove haha

yeah...
huh?...
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Jeram wrote:
I dunno mate, I think my phat head takes the cake for shitiest head design yeah?

you saw those semi-sphere domes? and the 1mm oring that didnt even fit in the oring groove haha
Was a secret 'lamp shade' shape :wink: , but yes right up there
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

lampshade... haha

Iv heard of the nightrider... but never the LIGHT-rider

yeah...
huh?...
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

any idea were to get engine parts for these motors- gaskets etc
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au