Post by L.B. »

http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/A349
Cant go wrong with one this cheap.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Bike lift-cheap.

Post by ken007 »

gday LB, ive been warned about some of these cheapies, not all though and i cant say about the quality of this one either, but i would like to be able to see one up close to see the quality of the build, see ya
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

HafCo do the usual run of Chinese made stuff but its all pretty good or else they wouldnt sell it as its a bricks n mortar shop and not a fly by night ebayer. In fact they sell huge machines like lathes, folders and mills for industry and some of their stuff is amazing.

That said, the same unit (same with lathes, blasters, mills and other things) is probably cheaper from an ebayer etc, but Hafco will often do a cash deal and they have stuff in stock, which saves on postage if you have one close by. These cheapie chinese things come in various levels of quality tho, and hafco has the better end of that, they have to i guess.

Ive bought a few things from them, all chinese stuff and have been happy with what ive got.

(you will need something solid to get one of these lifts home in by the way, they are heavy as hell from what ive read...)
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

should also say, hafco have all their kit on display in their shop, so you can look all over such a thing if you wanted to buy one before making the purchase...
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Thanks Jon,I do buy abit of gear through these guys,actually alot over the years!Never had an issue with warrantee etc great bunch of folks to deal with!
I spotted this on another forum & thought someone here could use one lol....
If I had the funds,Id have bought one already.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

well ive had another look, may have been a bit hasty in condemming, they have a store at coopers plains about an hour away,might give them a call and see if they have one up here to look at, im sick of using a whole bunch of milk crates for everything, i dont even have a work bench
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Jase, Same here mate... id love one, top class idea to have a decent lift, save you sitting/laying on the ground to do work on the bike...

Ken, eeek... ive had bikes fall off crates, be careful mate!

As an aside, I got a bunch of pretty goodvalue and solid benches from Supercheap when they were on special (every few months). $120 for 2 benches and they clip together. Jase saw them when he was here. I painted the MDF shelevs/tops with decking oil and they seems to be holding up fine.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

well i got the lifter, very good but leaks oil when fully down, i will give them a call but have every confidence it will be sorted.