Mito Carb Advice Please for an almost 50 year old MITO Newb

Topics regarding other 2Stroke bikes, Customs etc
seahorse

Mito Carb Advice Please for an almost 50 year old MITO Newb

Post by seahorse »

Hey fellas, my name is Seahorse, im in Perth WA.

I have rebuilt a few RZ's over the last two years, and recently bought a Mito ( real cheap). I may build a hybrid next year but at the moment will keep the Mito engine in place.

Its an awesome bike that wouldnt start for the 18year old PO. Long story but after a complete strip down and rebuild, short of rebuidling the gearbox, shees a goer. Thanks to a memeber here named "Troubled" and known as other names on other forums I sorted an evil rattle out ( thanks ED ).
Any one here have advice on tunining the Polini with the TM35. I know a standard Mito is probably easier but I have Polini,with the TM35. Im running .8 squish PO had it at .3. The carb is standard specs , 310 mains,45 pilot,needle4th.
Has anyone here have experience / good results with the TM 35, Polini combo, if so what jets /settings are you running.

Advance thanks Kind regards Seahorse.
RZ 350 83, tommys, ported, 2nd over, pilots 27.5, mains 280, clip 2 down, r6 shock, acewell spdo, lc radiator.
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Mito Carb Advice Please for an almost 50 year old MITO Newb

Post by Jeram »

you will most likely find 125ccsportsbikes.com the best english mito reference, or if you use google translate then cagiva mito club website is even better!

I wouldnt be worrying so much about what other people are using, Id be more trying to sort the jetting out for your particular scenario.

whats wrong with your jetting?
is you air filter clean? is your pipe coked up? is your carb float height set correctly? no air leaks or cracked boots?

have you tried doing plug chops at different throttle openings to see where the jetting is at?
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "