A Deltabox RD350LC

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: A Deltabox RD350LC

Post by Jeram »

the trick with my bike is that its a TZR250 frame with RZ250 cases.
So Im going to see if I can get it road-worthied by keeping my mouth shut haha.

Otherwise the engineering assessment is what? 500 bucks?

Id personally rather wait 12 months untill my frame date is old enough for club rego haha
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I think you might find club rego a problem. Technically the bike should be original and not a hybrid, this gets discussed a bit in our club but again it depends on how anal the club inspector is. You also HAVE to have fully comp insurance if you are on club plates but thats cheap but again the insurance company might bust your chops over it.
I also asked the question on price and as it would be a from scratch engineers cert $1500 or more. Imports are only $250-$350 because they already have ADR approval.
I would just say nothing but its worth doing some research.
Stankflapper
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Stankflapper »

Well I sailed through rego, the trick here is to say the replacement engine was of the same year. Motorcycles are a bit of a blind guess at Transport dept here, they viewed the bike , checked the engine number and issued me a plate.
You dont stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding:)
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

EPApolice wrote:I think you might find club rego a problem. Technically the bike should be original and not a hybrid, this gets discussed a bit in our club but again it depends on how anal the club inspector is. You also HAVE to have fully comp insurance if you are on club plates but thats cheap but again the insurance company might bust your chops over it.
I also asked the question on price and as it would be a from scratch engineers cert $1500 or more. Imports are only $250-$350 because they already have ADR approval.
I would just say nothing but its worth doing some research.
fair call mate... Ill be shutting my mouth

yeah...
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
Stankflapper
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Stankflapper »

So I have decided that once the rego got through I might spend a few dollars and make the bike look a little better than the current FZR paint work colour scheme. I probably have gone a little overboard in stripping it back. I have re-coloured the frame and swingarm a metallic silver.

I had a RGV tacho I was not using and this worked in with the RD350 coil pulse set up, unlike the FZR 20,000rpm tach that ran through its computer, so lucky for me it fitted into the dash and was the same diameter.
I ave decided to run the oil pump rather than adding premix to the tank. I was lucky enough to have a reservoir out of a RGV which fitted in pretty well as a oil tank. I may have to think about a oil tank sender a little bit as this one has none fitted at the moment.
Managed to get a nice silver fleck in the frame paint.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Nice... there are plenty of oil sensors you can try.
I have one at home somewhere from a polaris or something.

Search ebay and you should find something.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

You make me feel inadequate Stankflapper I haven't even done the fork seals on my RZ yet, then bloody Jeram rings yesterday and suggests emulators.

I have been a little busy riding my "crap from the bottom of a corn flakes box " over the weekend, so all is not quite lost. It still has two wheels.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

well done macca, what colours you going with? is the big fella (craig) doing the paint? as usual i will need to see this 1 aswell, ken
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

Stankflapper wrote:So I have decided that once the rego got through I might spend a few dollars and make the bike look a little better than the current FZR paint work colour scheme. I probably have gone a little overboard in stripping it back. I have re-coloured the frame and swingarm a metallic silver.

I had a RGV tacho I was not using and this worked in with the RD350 coil pulse set up, unlike the FZR 20,000rpm tach that ran through its computer, so lucky for me it fitted into the dash and was the same diameter.
I ave decided to run the oil pump rather than adding premix to the tank. I was lucky enough to have a reservoir out of a RGV which fitted in pretty well as a oil tank. I may have to think about a oil tank sender a little bit as this one has none fitted at the moment.
Managed to get a nice silver fleck in the frame paint.
This pulse from the ignition and the pulse from the coild should be the same, just square waves for each ignition fire ?
so stocky should work?

yeah...
huh?...
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

It's not always that straight forward. My 500 coil signal is terrible - need to buy a special CDI converter to get the tacho working. I've tried two and both have the same issue.

REVD2

http://zeeltronic.com/page/m_elec.php
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Stankflapper
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Stankflapper »

Got the wheels and tank back from paint. Starting to resemble a bike a bit now.
Stankflapper
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Stankflapper »

ken007 wrote:well done macca, what colours you going with? is the big fella (craig) doing the paint? as usual i will need to see this 1 aswell, ken
Ken, Craig has actually been in hospital, he has been pretty crook, so on this job I called on another mate.
Stankflapper
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Stankflapper »

hybrid wrote:Nice... there are plenty of oil sensors you can try.
I have one at home somewhere from a polaris or something.

Search ebay and you should find something.
The trouble is nearly all oil sensors are earth activated, the oil light that is standard on the bike is illuminated till its earthed then it goes off...
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

thats no good macca, i hope he will be ok,
Stankflapper
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Stankflapper »

After I fitted up the bodywork, I am not totally happy with the exhaust silencer position, so I am going to change it to a higher mount look.

From this:

To This: