Building RZ350

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
Sledge

Re: Building RZ350

Post by Sledge »

She rides as well as she looks thankfully!
No its my friends cb 400 that has been heavily modified.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Man i there is a reason 2 strokes are not learner legal..didnt stop me in the 90s..lol. i had a 421 athena set up.. it was an animal.. veeeerry agressive no way i would let a learner ride it..saying that i used to do city night runs with a bunch of guys on learner sized bikes on my worked lc..(yes jeff, the once that tank slapped me off lol) those dude were amaized at how an old bike make short work of their cbrs, zxrs some times id let one of them have agofor a laugh till once one guy almost flipped it..i stopped laughing faster then he stopped shaking..he he..my worked athena caught me of guard once and i flipped it..but..a very steep learning curve the ole midsized 2 stroke..but a lovely lesson..
Don_Biggee
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Post by Don_Biggee »

Hi mate, very old thread, I know. I'm at the stage of setting my bike up after a 3 year build. It's a 397cc stroker. Do you still have the maps for the ignitec?
Jeram wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 pm Hi and welcome, nice choice for a project!
Where do you hail from?

If its you first time building and setting up a two stroke let along a performance motor be sure to do the following

Get pipes to match the motor, wicked racing does rz421 pipes

Use an exhaust gas temp gauge and a coolant gauge

These cylinders won't like the 70 degree thermostat so either get a 55 degree thermostat insert or buy a two stroke shop bipass thermostat.

Don't use cheap oil on a motor like this, use the best you can afford as it will save you money in the long run as it will prevent engine failures and part wear.

Be sure to get a zeeltronic or ignitech ignition as the stock ignition will severely limit power, I've got all the maps if you need them.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head that hasn't already been said.
And I'm sure Steve (the fella from cairns) has already sorted the above items out for you :)