1 short and local
2 Long ones

Anyway this is nice return trip to Ashfield under 2 hours

1.Citywest link to Victoria rd
2.Down Victoria rd over Gladesville bridge
3.Turn off for Hunters Hill
4. Turn left at lights
5.Turn right onto Pittwater rd nice through here follows Lanecove river
6.Cross Lanecove rd turn right into Delhi rd nice dropping down to river watch for cameras at Macquarie park.
7.Left onto Ladygame rd follow right through to Ryde rd
8.Right onto Ryde rd then left onto Comenarra parkway nice twisties
9.Turn left at Fox valley rd small group of shops there is a earlier opening cafe.
10 Return via reverse.
rd
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Short fun run!!!!!

Post by hybrid »

When did you want to do it?
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

I did it last saturday.

Got some more if people are interested ?

Archibald rd to mcarrs ck road Churchpoint!
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Anyone know of the 5 punts run north west ??
I believe it takes about 3 - 4 hours.
Sounds liek a good Saturday morning run, leave early and still be back well before Lunch to mow the lawn / keep the missus happy.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

The word being punt wisemans ferry,Berowra waters ferry,Mortlake ferry?

Like to know
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

From what a mate told me its all west, so not Mortlake, Im catching up with him toomorrow so Ill find out and psot it.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

OK so heres the link to the 5 punts / ferries ride.

http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/Five-Ferries-Ride
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Actually I was up that way on Sunday well at Roadwarriors the Lc was included in a photo shoot................................dunno why I think It looks average.

The Bells line-Oberon-Goulburn-Mac pass Is by far a better run less to zero cops and crazy bikers highly recommended.

Ant
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Sounds excellent, but that would have to fit in to the "long ones" wouldnt it ?
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Yep your right there,however that other ride would be a long one to.

Ive gota stop racking up fines with 5 different speed zones its a pain in the arse.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Well I did the 5 Ferries ride yesterday and it was great, although some of the ferries were closed so it turned out to be 3 ferries !

I also cut off the Berowra to Wisemans bit and joined in around Dural, as I just didnt have time to head up the highway just to come back to that point.

I cant believe there are actually still 5 vehicular ferries operating in Sydney, but hey they were all there and its really good oveall ride.

Best bit of road is that new smooth tar leading out to Wisemans that ends at the turn off to go down to the Sackville Ferry. It is smooth and fast although there si a bit of other traffic.

From there you head out west and come back over the lower portland ferry before heading for the St Albans pub, what a top spot for a beer or coffee.

And then you come back over the bridge and turn left heading back up the river to Wisemans. Gotta make sure you come back over the bridge though cause if you go on the North / West side of the river its a dirt road for about 10kms, but the road on the South/ East side is a really good ride following the river but fast and twisty- perfect for the LC

Anyway, if you got the time its well worth it, and I never saw any boys in blue, but it was a friday and I would expect a weekend ride would be a bit different.

Overall I took nearly five hours, but did a bit a stuffing around with my mate as we were working both bikes out a bit.

I was pretty happy with the Ol Girl in the end as it made the whole day no probs and performed a lot better than I thought point to point which was very pleasing.
ash33
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by ash33 »

5HRS! That mite be fun on an LC but from experience I can tell you it's crippling on a RGV ................. Perhaps there should be a 90's bike run section and a pre 90's bike run section? ;)[align=justify]
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Yeah it probably sounds bad, but thats why it has the 5 punts in there to break it up. You get regular stops for a little wrist and back releif while you wait for the ferry to take you over the river and there's a cafe or 2 and a great pub.
By the way the other bike along was a Duke MS4R and he never complained about being sore, just about keeping up with a Pre 90's Ol girl on skinny little tryes.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Going to do a short run soon be a early start maybe bells line to Mt Victoria for breakfast....................................if any one is keen let me know.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Hey ANT, when were you thinking ??
I thought I had this friday off again, but alas I got roped into renovating stuff.