Mugged by customs

Need some help using the website?
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Mugged by customs

Post by EPApolice »

A couple of weeks ago I bought a parts book for my NS400 and MC18 off Yahoo Japan. The items were sent with some other small bits not bike related and the package turned up today. Some piece of shit in customs opened the packet and took the books and left the other stuff :evil: These did not fall out the package was opened and taped back up again.
Not impressed
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Mugged by customs

Post by ken007 »

Was a pamphlet inserted into your package? A while back i had some collectable banknotes sent from japan, it had been opened by the Quarintine mob, they placed a pamphlet inside explaining what they did, BUT 1 note was missing, i was a bit sispicious, either seller(EBAY) left one out or somebody from quarintine nicked it, as it was a $3 transaction i let it go, its the only time ive had anything opened from O/S out of hundreds of packages.
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

Are you able to prove that they left Japan Pat? I would be making a complaint about this.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

No note inside but they were posted in Japan for sure. The package was opened and resealed but the books were missing. So either someone within the Japanese postal system swipped them or someone at customs here did. I will be making a complaint as soon as I confirm all the details.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

The likelyhood of someone in Japan Post nicking something would be about the same as me beating Usain Bolt in the next 100m final at the Olympics. Japanese don't steal other people stuff and they would have no reason to open a outbound package.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Well these are the facts
They were posted along with the other stuff, no question
The package was opened, no question
The package was taped back up, no question
The books were missing when the package arrived.
So Lozza unless they grew legs and made a run for freedom when someone opened the packet they were pinched or are sitting somewhere in customs. Either way I dont have them so the result is the same
I point the finger at customs here not there.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Defo stolen on entry to Aus I would say. Thats the one point where they have time, and reason, to open parcels. Strange thing to steal unless they have knowledge of what they are looking at, so stands to reason its a biker. Losing a diamond ring or watch or cash would be normal as they are small, obviously valuable and slip in a pocket, but books mean the 'opener' either accidentally left them out when rewrapping or stole em. My 2c based on knowing the mail systems.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

I would say they are sitting in customs somewhere, these days places like that have security CCTV everywhere, the notion a customs officer would lay a career on the line for a pamphlet doesn't add up.

BUT..................

They might have grown legs Pat and they are still chasing them around

:D
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I will know more tonight
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

Maybe they were removed for legal reasons? In reality, you really don't want to have too many semi naked or naked pictures of NS400s and MC18s floating around in the public, in my view.

What if children saw them? There would be an uproar and the poor innocent kiddies would be scarred for life.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Either way it sucks !!!
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Well it turns out that it was Aus Post that for some reason repacked the package, I suppose because the package got damaged. All the smaller items were repacked but the A4 size books were in a big brown envelope that is blank and got left out. They must me sitting somewhere in this anonymous envelope so I need to fill in a complaint form and see what happens.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

when i had a package arrive from O/S damaged, austpost put (from memory) an orange sticker approxamately 2"square with the wording to the effects of "this is how it arrived" . they did tape it up, indeed follow it up, only last year i had some carby bits turn up after 4 months,seems they were in austpost purgatory, if you ring austpost up ,ive allways found them very helpfull ..
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I have had those stickers too in the past but this time they put the whole thing in a clear plastic bag that had "repacked by Auspost" printed on it. If it got ripped open in transit fair enough but there were a few really small items in there that arrived so I dont think the books fell out and more think they are lying around somewhere. Hopefully they turn up
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

yeah fingers crossed they'll arrive, good luck.