Cranks I will rebuild or buy cheap plus anybike parts bought

Got some parts to sell?
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Cranks I will rebuild or buy cheap plus anybike parts bought

Post by L.B. »

Cool,thanks for the info guys,sending mine to Mexico now....
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

A few weeks back I sent away 3 cranks (2 that felt fine and one that had an obvious blow up) to Link to see if anything was salvageable and after a chat last weekend about what i called 'the scrap' once he had checked what I had sent, I today received back one good crank built from the best bits of what I sent him. Price was minimal (sub $200 as no parts were needed) all up with post. Not bad at all considering I really just assumed that my old cranks are lumps of scrap that were taking up room in my spares boxes and yet there was gold lurking in the box. Cant argue with the value, and I will say a huge thanks to Link! If anyone is looking to use him, I would recommend giving him a call.
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

I'm in the process of jigging up to do this. I can pull them apart at the moment for inspection - all the ones I had suffer the notorious big end journal marking.
I've been talking with Lynn Garland and picking his brain for ideas to make a realignment jig that simplifies assembly without resorting to Thor, king of tapometers !

But, too many projects getting in the way - ADD of the bike world !
One day lad all this will be yours............
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

Actually, i'm beggining to think this may not be the most economic way forward.
Its handy to have the ability to strip and assemble crankshafts, but given what the cost of a Banshee crank is and the small amount of machining required to make them fit the LC's cases i am having a double take !

I siezed the Spondon LC on Saturday and will be checking the crank but if its out it will be the Banshee option - cheaper and stronger.
One day lad all this will be yours............
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Cranks I will rebuild or buy cheap plus anybike parts bo

Post by BRG1200 »

Out of interest has anyone got pics they can put up of the mods required to get a Banshee/RZ/YPVS crank into the LC cases?
From what I've seen there may be two approaches, and as said above, off the shelf cranks are the easiest option at the moment. I'd be very interested to see what the mods actually look like.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Probably needs its own thread as this is is getting OT for Links thread, tho he might be bale to do that work, who knows.

Jeff can you tidy this up a bit and start a new thread?
ron57

Re: Cranks I will rebuild or buy cheap plus anybike parts bo

Post by ron57 »

Hi Link, Thanks for rebuilding my RZ500 cranks, great job.
Cheers Ron