Yes that's coz I fixed it :P
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Cranks I will rebuild or buy cheap plus anybike parts bought

Post by fred99999au »

So, when we are talking about Link not working, are we talking about the OP and his services or the link to CRS in Darwin?
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I was talking about the CRS link that Lozza posted.
Link
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Cranks I will rebuild or buy cheap plus anybike parts bo

Post by Link »

Hi Guys yeah still buying and repairing cranks also building some great race motors with great results. Pm me and I am happy to help any one who is needing work in melb.. Thanks Link
Last edited by Link on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juskh125

Post by juskh125 »

Hi all,I got a 73 RD350 and was after a crank rebuild, porting work and squish looked at. I called Link to see if he was interested in doing the work and after a chat on the phone decided to send him my stuff,
Well I gotta say I couldn't be happier with everything. Very honest prices, excellent communication and quality of work.
Link helped me get the exact porting work I was after for my bike and also O ring modified the barrels to get the squish down.
very quick turn around on everything, Id be flat out getting a set of barrels bored locally in the time it took link to do the entire job.
Still havn't ran my bike as I'm still building it but Ill report back on performance once I get it on the road. Going by the looks of the work I don't think I"m going to be disappointed.
:like: :like:
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

juskh125 wrote:Hi all,I got a 73 RD350 and was after a crank rebuild, porting work and squish looked at. I called Link to see if he was interested in doing the work and after a chat on the phone decided to send him my stuff,
Well I gotta say I couldn't be happier with everything. Very honest prices, excellent communication and quality of work.
Link helped me get the exact porting work I was after for my bike and also O ring modified the barrels to get the squish down.
very quick turn around on everything, Id be flat out getting a set of barrels bored locally in the time it took link to do the entire job.
Still havn't ran my bike as I'm still building it but Ill report back on performance once I get it on the road. Going by the looks of the work I don't think I"m going to be disappointed.
:like: :like:
mate
good to hear link is still the guru

i will be needing a few cranks doing and to be honest the ones here on the west coast are just full of it
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Hold on... are CRS and Link the same? I thought CRS was Graham and Link was in Melbourne, not being funny, just making sure i have the info right and it will help people who come along and read this later as well...
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

JonW wrote:Hold on... are CRS and Link the same? I thought CRS was Graham and Link was in Melbourne, not being funny, just making sure i have the info right and it will help people who come along and read this later as well...
Yep, this thread has confused the hell out of me too! It would appear they're two different people..... I think....
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I've edited Lozzas post to add "Another option", so there is no confusion.
juskh125

Post by juskh125 »

Link is in Melbourne. Just put the crank in today, very nice work.
I'm in NSW and did a lot of looking around and just didn't get the best vibe from the people I spoke to,
Worked out really well for me to post the stuff to Link
:like:
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I have a few cranks I might send Links way, can I ask what the ball park cost is for the doing one, from start to finish, ie postage back n forth and also the work?
juskh125

Post by juskh125 »

I'm in Sydney like you. postage for the crank was around $25 each way. I didn't register or get insurance. Link just reused the packaging and box I sent him with probably another roll of tape. HA
My crank had already been rebuilt before and some parts were ok to reuse(rods etc). The rebuild cost under $300 including parts
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

Link wrote:Hi I will rebuild any bits of cranks or make one into two etc, provided all the bits are within spec saving you heaps and still getting a great crank. No dodgy work and I stand by my " RUNOUTS" when cranks are built by me they are within factory tolerence usually better. If you have crappy bits laying around call and see what we can sort out. Suzuki or Yamaha or anything else I will rebuild without the horrible prices of some shops.
Post Aus wide at cost, which helps a few on here.

I also offer porting and engine mods, race, road, performance etc.

I also want to buy yam and suzy cranks no matter how stuffed and can take that off a bill if you have some extras laying under the bench.

Or any two stroke parts in general or complete bikes, yam suzy honda call for instant sale!!

I am in VICTORIA near lilydale if that helps save a few questions!!!!!

Thanks Link o4l8383958

how the fuck you get link confused with graham when this is what says on his first post
Last edited by HM31A on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

juskh125 wrote:I'm in Sydney like you. postage for the crank was around $25 each way. I didn't register or get insurance. Link just reused the packaging and box I sent him with probably another roll of tape. HA
My crank had already been rebuilt before and some parts were ok to reuse(rods etc). The rebuild cost under $300 including parts
Thanks m8!
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Just sent 3 cranks down to Link from Sydney, cost was just under $33 for the box which was a shade under 19kg. Auspost likes parcels under 22kgs so posties dont strain their backs and claim compo, so 3 cranks is probably the max to send. Anyway, just thought I would mention it, $11 to send a crank each way seems ok to me.