What performance from standard 350LC ?

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: What performance from standard 350LC ?

Post by 2TInstitute »

My only spray painting tip is to never paint something yellow and leave it outside to dry. EVERY and I mean EVERY flying insect within a 20km radius will want to land on it.
Looks good Pete.
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

did you find that out the hard way? hahaha

thats very interesting,

same as how if you have a shed full of flies, all you have to do is turn off the fluorescent lights for a few moments and they fly out the door like magic...
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Cool build thread,lots of great info & tips! Very inspired watching Jon's build now this one.Should get my finger out & get cracking on my LC hey Jon lol.
Jon,if your buying some carbs for the athena,I might jump on the same boat with ya?With abit of luck,pfi or efi should be just around the corner,fingers x'd!
Doc, what you use to line your tank with mate?
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

This is what Graham said;
Seeing LC tanks are rare nowadays, Here is some trade secret info for you...
I worked part time at Noosa Motorcycles about 10 years ago and the owner there was a boat freak, and the marine boys have the rusty tank thing well sorted.... It works 300% better than POR and other tank kits

Descale tank first with gravel slurry(Gravel & fuel or diesel), use ali bright neat (may be called alloy bright) to clean, put metho in tank to dry it out and coat with epoxy asap as rust starts seconds later.

Epirez epoxy mortar binder 133 (the 133 is important)

Mix 300cc compound, 100cc hardener. rotate tank to cover well.

It sets with an opaque colour, not quite as hard as devcon but close.

You will end up with enough mix to do 6 tanks, or you could use the rest to seal the Besser blocks in your basement...which was the original use.

This is a trade secret product, only to be passed on to trusted kin. Remove labeling when doing it for mates, remember this will help fund your future projects
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

L.B. wrote:Cool build thread,lots of great info & tips! Very inspired watching Jon's build now this one.Should get my finger out & get cracking on my LC hey Jon lol.
Jon,if your buying some carbs for the athena,I might jump on the same boat with ya?With abit of luck,pfi or efi should be just around the corner,fingers x'd!
Doc, what you use to line your tank with mate?
yes mate, you should ;) :D when you coming down?

Carbs are coming from Roger @ Wicked. He knows what i need and will jet them to suit, after the work he did on smads TSS 500 motor over email I know he will be close if not bang on for what i need.

PFI... would be nice but it will be over $1k.. carbs are like $400 jetted and with filters.... :wink:
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Far bloody east, wreckers are a serious rip !!!!
Getting some bits just for the R6 tail etc, light and saw a nice little set of Cagiva Mito guages that I thought might work on the Hybrid, so how much I ask..... F..k me $ 385.00 I can get the bloody Motogadget all in one nearly for that.
And then he wants to rip me a new one for $125 for a set of R6 tail lights, jeez new LED are only $35 posted ???
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Cheaper from US,looking at an R6 shock from these guys,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/03-05-R6-06- ... 20bd8774b8
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Yeah the whole Rip off Aus comes back to haunt us. Our currency isnt helping as locally people still want the same price in Au$, yet the OS items are now cheaper for us due to teh X-rate, and for those in Sydney we also pay Sydney mark up and that's just not funny at all. Crazy really. Parts of my LC and RZ builds have come form all over the world, very little locally... even stainless bolts locally are a rip and you can get em for less than half incl post from ebay etc, mental. Id rather wait a week and pay less for them these days.
bobbyd
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by bobbyd »

It's so sad to say but as a small business owner with staff to pay people just don't realise just how much you have to sell something for in Australia before you make any real money.
With GST payable on purchase and again on sale plus wages and super, then other overheads costs add up and you just can't compete on volume with OS countries with 5-10x our population. The more we spend overseas the more we lose here ultimately.
Having said that it's very hard to argue with half-price items shipped to your door. It just seems we'll end up losing our retail shops and buying online.
Rant over. Sorry DOC.
Cheers,
Alex.

PS. Things are coming along a treat as my LC is being mothballed but the 500 nears completion...
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Wreckers have been getting kicked in the arse since ebay took over. So by some preverse logic instead of competing they decide to price gouge anyone who comes in contact with them.
The preverse logic seemed to hit it's zenith with this gem.
Friend rings a wrecker looking for some CRF 250 cases, $350 for a matched set off the wrecker, rings the local Honda dealer price is $168 a side. Rings the wrecker "Mate you sure $350 is the right price, as I can get brand new cases cheaper from Honda?"
Wrecker ".................(long silence)............................ Well if you don't like it you can GAGF (slams phone down)"

;)