Rough Justice.......

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Rough Justice.......

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:I hope you're not comparing that to the south american case?
Just saying; be careful what you wish for ;) .

In an extreme circumstance society like San Paolo it might be acceptable as an extreme response.

But be thankful we don't have these extremes in our society - hug and thank a Pom today :lol: .
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

The question in my mind is how did that society (Brazil) get to that point?

When does it become acceptable to carry a firearm on a bike to use in the event that you might need a new bike?

Is it their value on human life? Was it a slippery slope from the "criminal rights" people.

Granted the poms seem to behave in a more civilised (except when they are at the cricket) fashion and their bobbies don't need firearms, then how did the two societies get to this point?

Next it will get to the question of public stonings in the middle east.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

fred99999au wrote:The question in my mind is how did that society (Brazil) get to that point?
For most of their history their society was dominated rich corrupt bastards. The first rich corrupt bastards were European settlers with money and sponsors (with all the politic and economic support they needed). The particular rich corrupt bastards varied from time to time but still the economy, the politics and society was dominated by rich corrupt bastards. And so, to a lesser degree, it does today.

And societies dominated by rich corrupt bastards serve the rich corrupt bastards to the point that it becomes ingrained and accepted. Basically these societies become a society of haves and have not's, and the have not's are destitute of hope and opportunity and end up feeling angry, disconnected and alienated from their own society.

Australia was lucky enough to be settled by convicts and right from the 'off' the underclass (a.k.a. convicts) had power and they used it. Phillip arrived here with 750 convicts 120 royal marines ans 120 'hangers on' (admin et al).

Phillip arrived at a desolate inhospitable foreign land 10,000klm and 12 months from the nearest help. He didn't arrive at a prison. He had to clear the forest, build the roads, build the store houses, the barracks, grow the crops, feed the colony and make it self sustaining.

And no frigging workers.

So he turn to his Royal Marines commander and told him he wanted him to guard the convicts and organise them into work parties. Major Ross, a stroppy Scot, drew himself up to his full 4 foot 11 and said to Phillip "I'm a Royal fooking Marine, not a prison fooking warden. I'm here to guard he colony against the French, the Russians and the fooking natives. With incredible respect Sir, fook off". And so it was.

So within three days Phillip had turned to the convicts, appoint the best and most reliable as overseers, night watchmen and store men, and to the others he said "Okay, from 7am to 3pm you work for me. After that you are on your own time. Okay?

And so it was. Within three days they had done the deal - they might have been a bunch of Pommy whingers but how frigging Aussie is that!!!

Within a short time a second problem arose. Some of the convicts sentences expired and they wanted to be freed. Been a proper Englishman the law had to be honoured but what do you do with all these freemen wandering the colony unemployed and with no future. - they'll get up to no good.

(Phillip) I know what we'll do. I give them 50 acres, some tools, some seed and 12 months on Govt rations to establish themselves. And so it was. Poor wretched Pommys who had no hope and no chance At Home were given half a chance to make a life for themselves and actually own land (How frigging Aussie is that).

This was going swimmingly excepted a few of those bloodsucking stuck up upper class superior Poms had snuck in thinking they could set up their bloodsucking ways here and be known as Lord Camden etc (MacArthur, Blaxland, Wentworth, Marsden, Johnson and half of the NSW corp officers).

They used the official positions to corruptly advantage themselves and looked very likely to succeed in their dastardly plot. Except the Governors (King, Hunter and particularly Bligh) had their probs and backed the 'little man' - the Hawkesbury settlers. How frigging Aussie is that.

Of course the rich corrupt bastards fought back (see the Rum Rebellion - a.k.a mutiny or Coup D'etat). Well, this wasn't cricket was it. It was one thing to be a pompous rich corrupt bloodsucking bastards but 'locking up the Kings representative is just not on, old boy.'

And so the good old Pommy govt sent out its finest in the form of Governor MacQuarrrie (and his own regt of Redcoats). On arrival they said to the cronies NSW Regt "yield and disband or we'll stick a bayonet up ya bum". Having such a rational argument put to them so succinctly, of course they folded like a pack of cheap cards.

And so the rule of The Little Man was established and we lived happily ever after (well there was a few more struggles with Eureka, the Squatters, Ned Kelly, and some educated idiot regressive called Sir Anthony Fool Abbott etc).

And so, right from the 'off' Australia owes its egalitarian fair society to a bunch of Poms, lead by liberal middle class English professionals, with respect for the Law, a sense of duty and the lack of corruption and the fact of geography that we were 10,000 klms and 6months away from the influence of the bloodsucking pommy rich corrupt bastards upper class.

So, as I said; find a Pom today, hug him/her, give 'em a big tonguey and thank them :$ .

But there is also a back story as well, isn't there Pat. And that is the influence and consideration of all those mouthy rebellious ingrate frigging IRISH.

Right from the 'off' a large number of convict were Irish, and they all came with a well developed oversize chip on their shoulder (for good reason), and attitude.

And things got worst; they sent them by the boat load. And things got worst; they sent real rebels. And things got worst; they sent the actual leaders of the rebellions to Oz.

For the first 30 years of the colony it was so bad the likes of MacArthur were more worried that they and their families would have they throats cut by an Irish rebel then they ever were worried about the natives. So much so the governors wrote to Pommyland begging the govt to "stop sending the frigging Irish".

And one of the main reasons Australia has it proud political history of 'first' is because of those mouthy rebellious ingrate frigging IRISH (along with a good dose of liberal Poms who had seen the light and the opportunity
of a life without those bloodsucking pommy rich corrupt bastards upper class.

Well, you did ask :gimmebeer: I need one, and that's fairdinkum :lol:
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I only wanted a loaf of bread :angel:
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Dammit, I was going for "the longest post" award, I've been kicked into the weeds :-/
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

"For most of their history their society was dominated rich corrupt bastards."
Are we talking about Brazil or England here?

Must admit the soap dodgers do put out a very high standard of corrupt bastards, South America is a fine example of Spanish onspired Corrupt Bastardy :-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

BRG1200 wrote:"For most of their history their society was dominated rich corrupt bastards."
That was answering the question and referred to the Brazilian/Portuguese rich corrupt bastards.
DuncanB
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by DuncanB »

OzzyElsie wrote:
BRG1200 wrote:"For most of their history their society was dominated rich corrupt bastards."
That was answering the question and referred to the Brazilian/Portuguese rich corrupt bastards.
It could just as easily refered to the British aristocracy... :-|
Project RD350LC. Finished YL2C.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

DuncanB wrote: It could just as easily refered to the British aristocracy... :-|
I was even more fulsome in my description of the Poms ;) .

"pompous rich corrupt bloodsucking bastards" and

"those bloodsucking stuck up upper class superior Poms " :lol:
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

I think the rich corrupt bloodsucking is still going through the ICAC system in NSW at the moment..........
One day lad all this will be yours............
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

Baack to the original thread..........

There an element in society that will break every rule andlaw for their own means and agenda, and would carry on ad infinitum until caught, then lie on their bikes and cry forgiveness, and some soft cock judges will slap their wrists, let them out and they continue on...........
There are others that fight against our normal way of life, rules laws and everything else but are the first to cry human rights when they are nicked.

I'm a firm beleiever of live by the sword die by the sword, and copping it sweet.
Have the balls and moral fibre to admit you cocked up & not to blame others for your own inadequacies.

And all terrorists should be exempt from human rights as they don't particularly think of other humans when carrying out their inhumane attrocities.

Soap box is free now............
One day lad all this will be yours............
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

We should set up a rota for our communal soap box, oh heck, did I mention communism?
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I have nothing to add but this:

http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=ZaOVNqA7lBA
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

Thanks Hybrid. Things always go better with a bit of Yackety Sax.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

If that site does what I think it does (iPad wont play it) then it does more to the benefit of Mankind than all the politicians currently breathing put together.

Oh, to be chased in stop-motion by semi naked women wearing cycle helmets....