RD250LC

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RD250LC

Post by hybrid »

Looks like they are all there and in tact.
They look better than I remember... a soda blasting would bring them up a treat.

I took them off because I kept fouling plugs on the 500, but the new ones did the exact same.
Turns out if I had have just got the right sized pilot jets, these would have been fine.

The pilots are probably perfect for a 350, but you would need to check the mains as they might be a bit lean, but not sure.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Thanks mate, I'll defo have a set if thats cool. To be honest Im more looking forward to now having an excuse to drop by and chat! haha.

Oh and btw... to fit these on the RZ350 you need angled tops from someone like allens for a fiver(pounds) a side, but since we needs jets anyway... easy no brainer. Info on fitting in my 85 F1 build on my website... all roads lead LOL!
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

No worries. I'm working the next two Saturdays (long days), but Sundays should be ok.
Dempsie

Post by Dempsie »

thanks Hybrid i'll definitely take a set too, i'll throw them in my ultrasonic cleaner and they should come up quite nice.

i'll probably be able to pick them up this weekend if you're around?
Dempsie

Post by Dempsie »

you guys are right about those seats, just had a bit of a look on ebay and found 1 for around $400, not cheap, probably cost $150 to get it shipped too.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Jeff, you home in the week at all?

Dempsie, you cant put a price on cool... oh hold on... LOL. Youre right with the postage, thats about what mine cost to send here. One trick is to use surface (sea) mail for parts you dont need rightaway, saves 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I'm at work during the week, but home after about 4:30 or so
Dempsie

Post by Dempsie »

So I made a bit of a start on the engine tonight, pulled off the barrels and clutch cover. To me they don't look too bad, definitely no expert though.

probably can't see too much there but thats both the barrels
pistons.
When i picked up the bike, the guy gave me a spare crank case and the numbers on that case match the frame, I wouldn't mind putting the matching crank case back in the frame but it has a crack on fly wheel side, anyone know where i can get this welded up?

Also is it necessary to upgrade the whole crank? don't really want to spend the extra money if i don't need to and if i do is it worth getting the 4mm stroker crank, would i get much more power out of it?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

That crack would weld, its from a thrown chain and not structural tho, I'd be in two minds about heating the case for that, but someone who welds alloy will do it I guess. your call.

Crank... +4 is more of an RZ thing these days as there is more info out there about that case/crank for the banshee now, but you can/could fit one to an LC, yet not everyone knows what is what now sadly. Some guys on Norbos forum spoke to Fahron and got 250 cyls taken out to get 375 with some diff pistons, and I know DOC03 had some demon work done on his 350LC engine with a stroker crank. I would talk to those guys first. If you want a big fat LC motor, fit the RZ cases and the Athena with the +4, its what I did...
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

hybrid wrote:I'm at work during the week, but home after about 4:30 or so
sounds good Jeff, will PM you mate.
Dempsie

Post by Dempsie »

Has anyone had to pull their clocks apart to change the trip knob? my trip knob has snapped off and I want to change it but not sure how to pull them apart without breaking them, anyone?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

some screw on with a LH thread and some have a screw in the end, I think if you put a tiny screwdriver down the middle you might find the screw if it has one, it may be LH thread, beware of that.
Dempsie

Post by Dempsie »

Hi guys, things are coming along slowly with the bike, I finally got the frame and rims back from the powder coaters.

I'm not going to go with a traditional colour scheme, I've decided to go with a red tank and plastics and the old Kenny Roberts block decals and all black rims.

I ordered a set of K2tec pipes from Webike Japan for $450.00, I couldn't justify spending over $1,000.00 on a set from the UK, they look quite good actually, so much lighter then the stock pipes.

I had a big of a run in with a guy on ebay, I was after a good set of clocks as mine are a bit rough so I found some on ebay for $175.00 I was told they were good almost as new condition but when they turned up they were even worse then the ones I already had.

as you can see in the photo's the plastics all cracked and broken on the back. I phoned the seller straight away and sent him these pics and he accused me of swapping them out with a broken set, dickhead. Couldn't be bothered dealing with him so I wrote him a shit review on ebay and that was it, I should be able to salvage a set out of the 2 that I have.

I've also started stripping down the engine and thanks to Hybrid I picked up a set of PWK's on the weekend.

By the way Jeff, I found the MMT website, they are based out in Londonderry.
I gave them a call and spoke to a guy called Craig he quoted me roughly $700 to rebuild my crank, is this worth it when I can get a whole new crank for roughly the same price?

Also, Is it wise to replace the swing arm bushes before I put the bike back together? i had a crack at removing them but they're in so tight that i just left them. I've since read that they're pretty shit and should be replaced has anyone got any thoughts on this?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ohh those clocks are terrible, you should file a dispute with ebay, they will tell you to send them back for a refund, do that and track the parcel, money back in your account; job done.

Give Link a call re the crank, his details are on here, i reckon it would be around half what MMT quoted.

bash those swinger bushes out, you must do them now or repent later....
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Dempsie wrote: I had a big of a run in with a guy on ebay, I was after a good set of clocks as mine are a bit rough so I found some on ebay for $175.00 I was told they were good almost as new condition but when they turned up they were even worse then the ones I already had.

as you can see in the photo's the plastics all cracked and broken on the back. I phoned the seller straight away and sent him these pics and he accused me of swapping them out with a broken set, dickhead. Couldn't be bothered dealing with him so I wrote him a shit review on ebay and that was it, I should be able to salvage a set out of the 2 that I have.
If you haven't waited too long take that to Ebay. The ads photos should establish if they are before or after shots. Good luck.