Bargain KR 31k?

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Bargain KR 31k?

Post by JonW »

or not... bear in mind this quote from his ad:

"A VERY COLLECTABLE BIKE THAT WILL ONLY GO UP IN VALUE AND ALWAYS GET LOOKS. CLUB PLATE ELIGIBLE. SEE PICTURES."

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... SS:AU:1120

it would be hard for an RZ to go up much in value from 7k, but hey you never know...

... but its not even registered FFS, sigh....
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Bargain KR 31k?

Post by pkay »

There was an 350LC advertised somewhere else for $9K.......
Think I'll pack mine in cotton wool now...
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

No need mate, feel free to use and abuse it! if you believe the seller of the one above even dirty scrap will be hard to come by soon LOL
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Bargain KR 31k?

Post by Greasemeup »

That 350LC in Sydney sold for over 11 didn't it?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Did it? I doubt it. Seen all this before, it ends in tears.
Anyone who's ridden or intends to ride one wouldn't pay that crazy money, don't feed the (financial) trolls.
This is all a mix of crazes, speculators, and fashionable numpties with money to burn.
if everyone goes nuts and believes this rubbish then we'll all price ourselves out of ever owning another one.
If you want stupid prices go buy a Vincent.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

nah, 11k... no way?!

I dont think this will happen, its too small a market and too few buyers to go mental imho. And lets face it, fashionable hipsters dont want 2 stroke oil up the backs of their cardigans, so i reckon they will stay on the SR and CB trail.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Bargain KR 31k?

Post by Greasemeup »

Check this link, should still work.

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1384272796

1983 Yamaha RD 350 LC

Seems to be a dealer, check out his other items for sale. I guess I will keep an eye on his feedback, it should show as positive at some point for this sale if it goes through.

I am sure nobody wants to pay more than say, realistically for a nice RD350LC, 5k but fook me, 11k is impossible.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Sadly ebay says: 'This listing (171384272796) has been removed, or this item is not available.'

Dont forget a lot of folk bid their own listings up to get a better price these days, sad but true.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

my gripe is that it all adds up to putting things out of reach of actual enthusiasts.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

I am sure the listing ended in the usual way, I watched it every day, that was just the final value at the end. Sad because it's unlikely to ever get a good thrashing..
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Can I just put this point out there?
I had a NICE 31K back in England. Inevitably I regret selling it. It was an Italian import at some point. Only difference between it and a "UK" model was a yellow headlight bulb (or "globe" for you Aussies). Cracking bike but I recognised all its limitations, nevertheless still top of my faves list.
The much vaunted Kenny Roberts is only a US market bike with a paint job, easy to replicate with all the good quality decal kits out there (you wouldn't replicate the catalytic converter pipes even if you could, and the carbs look like the ones on Pete Gaileys Jap market bike, and I've seen a few over here in Aus).
Example.
There are quite a few of the 29L and 31k models out there, so even if you expensively repair the rotten tank, invest 300 bucks in a Nick Sampford top fairing, spend a grand or two on the motor and splash out on a paint job you will have the same bike but thoroughly refreshed and probably for less than a lot of the more speculative prices out there.
I'd suggest picking up an RZ250 and doing the biz on it if you have seven or nine grand to spend. Just my tuppence worth.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

JonW wrote: . And lets face it, fashionable hipsters dont want 2 stroke oil up the backs of their cardigans, so i reckon they will stay on the SR and CB trail.
:Clap: :mrgreen: :lol: