SOLD- restored original Honda MT250 Elsinore with upgrades

Looking to sell a 2Stroke bike?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

SOLD- restored original Honda MT250 Elsinore with upgrades

Post by JonW »

Sad day, but needs must... mostly as I have no time and need space :/

This is the Gummytrees ad, but it had all the info so I just copied it here... I doubt anyone here wants it, but you never know...

How many of these do you see with lights? How many of those work? How many with so many original features? Yeah not many...

Honda MT250s are getting harder to find in nice condition as the cost on top of a rough bike to restore them often outweighs the sale cost... As it does here, of course, but my loss is your gain...

This bike has all the upgrades you would wish for. Hard to find (I got them from the USA!) CR250 engine parts, Bassani pipe and uprated carb plus NOS period rear shocks!

Hard to find Original MT250 parts that are usually long ago lost; tool tray and lid, tools, ignition and locks, switches and lights. Everything works and best of all the engine has only run for 10mins or so, so its nice and tight, just needs to be tuned and run in.

Specifications:

Engine:
- Fully rebuilt MT250 bottom end with all new bearings, seals and gaskets
- Re-bored 1974 CR250 barrel with brand new Wiseco piston and small end bearing
- Honda CR250 1974 head
- Honda CR250 1974 inlet manifold (very hard to find now)
- Mikuni VM34 carb - needs tuning
- Superb condition and fully repainted very rare Bassani MT250 pipe
- Rare brown Engine paint is good condition for year apart from clutch cover which has been painted black previously. Easy enough to refinish with the correct colour of course.
- Anyone familiar with these bikes will know that the finding the following parts undamaged is almost impossible now, yet these parts are all great on this bike: Magnesium side cover (no broken vents), points inspection cover, oil pump cover

Chassis:
- Fully repainted bodywork and frame parts (including airbox, rear hoop, light/clock bracket, swingarm etc etc)
- Superb condition forks with great chrome (very hard to find now) - flushed and refilled with oil.
- Great condition seat base (impossible to find now) with good foam and new cover
- Brand new Honda NOS CR250 clutch cable - last original Honda one I could find worldwide after a huge search!
- Brand new NOS Honda swingarm collar (last but one on planet!) and brand new uprated self lubricating bronze bushings - low maintenance.
- Brand new bars, levers, OEM lever pins and many many other small parts
- Brand new NOS (old stock) Red Wing "Hammerhead" rear shock absorbers
- Brand new battery
- Brand new grips
- Brand new chain
- Many brand new small parts (levers, lever covers, brake switches etc etc)
... And much much more!

Rare & Hard to find OEM MT250 parts including:
- Tool tray and Tool tray cover
- Chain guard
- Chain roller bracket
- Original mudflap
- Original kill switch
- Original rubber exhaust mounts
- Original plastic inner mudguards
- Original and nice condition rear light and bracket
- Original rear brake cable
- Original side panel
- Original undamaged engine side cover, points inspection cover and oil pump cover
- Original tools in their bag! Amazing!
- Original & working ignition and seat lock and brand new OEM Honda keys

Everything works... Indicators, brake switches, lights, horn etc etc. It has so many rare and hard to find parts and that makes this a fantastic bike to use and enjoy or do the last few jobs and have a fully restored bike.

Comes complete with original chrome MT250 wheels with usable tyres for the road, currently fitted with better off road spec alloy rimmed Honda DID XL250 wheels with almost new offroad tyres.

Superb bike that many parts are still available for cheaply from Honda as they used the same parts on most of the range. Specific parts are now harder to find, but this bike has all of them and some!

All of the very hard work is done, you can tune and ride it or continue to restore it more and have it like new, your call.

Want the best most original MT250 in Sydney? Call me to come see it, bring your wallet, you will not find better and first to see will buy for sure!

Sensibly priced for quick sale at $SOLD. No lowball offers please

No test pilots, tyre kickers or lowballers please. I will only answer phone calls. No texts or emails.