Battery eliminator

Got some parts to sell?
Link
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Battery eliminator

Post by Link »

Hi I have found a supplier for an item that totally does away with the battery in any kick start type bike. I have one in my rg 500 and it works in my rgv also and rd's rz's nsr's etc. No more acid to leak, no charging, very small leaving a whole empty battery box, and can be mounted anywhere as long as its connected to old battery terminals(you can extend the leads).They are cheap and do away with the battery all together. All lights etc work great but only when my bike is running they are $30 with 12mnth warranty plus post. If anyones interested send a PM or ph 0418383958 Thanks link

SORRY I HAVENT TRIED THIS WITH POINTS YET MAY OR MAY NOT WORK, IT WORKS FINE ON EIGHTIES TYPE CDI'S!!!
Last edited by Link on Mon May 03, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobbyd
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Re: Battery eliminator

Post by bobbyd »

Last edited by bobbyd on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Sounds good
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

They are usually just a big capacitor :)
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
mick355

Post by mick355 »

Got a couple of these the other day. Big thanks Link.
Tried it on the lc and works a treat. Now I can finally claen up the wiring mess.
Easier starting and brighter lighting plus no more dead battery after the old girl has been sitting for while. :D Now I can finally fit the single seat cowl without the side panels.
Cheers Mick
Link
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Link »

Hi Mick
I'm glad you like them, if you have any probs with it let me know, they do save a lot of room getting rid of the battery and holder, handy for specials like yours. Thanks link.
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

hey guys another way to do this..as i have used batt eliminators b4 with mild success..cant speek for this one...but i now use a 12v gel batt from jaycar they are really small 20th of original can be mounted in any position and very long lasting..bike recharges it as normal..great for bikes with powervalves as u have good power even if the bike isnt running lights indicators and everything ... they are about $18 i think ...there is one floor..dont let it fully get flat...ie if u left your lights on or something...they have a float charge if u go beyond this they will not recharge...they will then just act like an eliminator...
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Got any pics?

Sounds smart!!
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »