davidj

Re: Colour Schemes for Project RD350LC

Post by davidj »

One of my favorite bikes.

rodeobob

Post by rodeobob »

That ones a nice one.

Seems to be some confusion. I dont think what works on an RZ will nessicarlly work on an RD, because of the frame, but then i could be wrong as im no artist.

I did see an RD on a forum somewhere, it was white and had the yamaha spped block on the tank in black. Wasnt like the others shown in that style in this thread. It was sorta plain but neat as a pin.

That custom job is awesome.

That clutch looks like a dry clutch on the white and blue bike in the first pic.

I like this bike, it looks neat, might be something to do with the 17's. Early TZR or FZR wheels by the look of it.

Bob.
DT200R Dirty dinger. Bare frame built with custom stuff.
DT175 '90- Its just like a farm bike only worse coz the sucker wont rev out.
TIT175- Build in progress. IT/DT175 motor in a TT350 frame with USD YZ front end, why the hell not!
RZ250K- Smashed! strip down and custom build, 2KR suspension and wheels.
YZ200WR- Soon to be started. DT200 motor into YZ125A1 rolling frame. Need a bit more coin to get forks and supsnsion rebuilt.
RG250WD- Who knows what for. Pipes and carbs for the RZ.
VictIT- A very sad Victa 8-34E (8HP 34") Ride on that im going to set right. IT175 motored racing mower, i mean how can you call it a Victa if its not a 2T.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Hi Bob, I agree I like the clean look of that bike. What do you think the forks are ??/ Must be Yam to take the blue spot calipers strtaight on ??
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

rodeobob wrote:That ones a nice one.

Seems to be some confusion. I dont think what works on an RZ will nessicarlly work on an RD, because of the frame, but then i could be wrong as im no artist.

I did see an RD on a forum somewhere, it was white and had the yamaha spped block on the tank in black. Wasnt like the others shown in that style in this thread. It was sorta plain but neat as a pin.

That custom job is awesome.

That clutch looks like a dry clutch on the white and blue bike in the first pic.

I like this bike, it looks neat, might be something to do with the 17's. Early TZR or FZR wheels by the look of it.

Bob.
Love it ImageImageImage

I'm not sure why but I love a subtle but detailed 'make over' from the OEM - and this meets the description :P .

I've fancied a OEM LC with a shmick pearl white as the basis. One day..... :roll:
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Thats funny Ozzy., Pearl White is exactly what ive been consdiering...
Not sure what the second colour should be though
rodeobob

Post by rodeobob »

I would say the forks/front end is either 2KR FZR250 or 1KT or 2MA TZR250.

Its not a 2KR front fender as is wraps back nearly all the way around the fork leg. Wouldnt be hard to modify that.

Probably the latter, they had the single 320mm super horny looking disc.
I say the latter as the rear wheel looks like its wider than the FZR not sure what size the TZR had, same style wheel off another bike perhaps.

I cant remember where i 'stole' that pic from. I had a hell of a time obtaining it, i couldnt link the pic, i had to save it on my PC and then put it up on Imageshack

Cheers, Bob.
peet
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by peet »

looks like my tzr 1kt front end with a cut guard
rears are 120/80 17 on the ikt
looks a good match to the bike
cheers peet