Post by martin_henry »

Looks pretty nice, thought someone here would like it:

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Veh ... Z330836368
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Yamaha RZ500 on Gumtree! asking $6500

Post by L.B. »

This same bike just sold on ebay for 13K!!!!
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Ive sent them an email days ago (the only way to contact) and no reply ???
somethins fishy
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I sent him an email also and here are the two replys.

Hello there,

Please excuse me for the delay, but I have a crazy schedule at the hospital, I'm a surgeon and this is the soonest I could get to a computer.
Offering for sale is a Yamaha RZ500 with no finance on it.
Excellent condition, no scratches, no dents, no accident damage, always garage kept when not in use.
It has only 5,600kms! Log book and full service history available.
Here are a couple of features to begin with:
Manufactured: Aug 1984
Colour: Red
Model: RZ500
Engine: 0.5 litre
Has Road Worthy Certificate
VIN: 53G000460
Registration Number: RZV50
It is a very good example of what still is a very fast bike.
The final price is AU$ 6500. I'm only selling it because I've moved overseas in the UK a month ago after a 11 year stay and I didn't manage to sell it before my departure.
I wish to conclude the transaction through Escrow Pacific Australia for both of us to be protected.
They act as a neutral third party, they will take care of the shipping and everything. If you are interested please let me know and I will explain the entire process. The motorcycle is garaged in a self storage unit, close to Sydney, managed by Escrow Pacific. They can also have it delivered up to your place for no additional charges, if needed.
The delivery will take from 1 to 3 days, depending on your location.
I am offering 5 days time to have it inspected and to check on the papers.
Also, may I ask where are you located ?
If you have any questions regarding this sale, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
mrs. Peyton

And then

G'day!

As I told you before, I've moved back to the UK and Escrow Pacific Australia will take care of everything on my behalf, including shipping. I have the motorcycle stored in one of their storage units and they agreed to sell it on my behalf after a thourough inspection of the motorcycle. Has current registration.

We will deal only through Escrow Pacific, and here are the steps of our sale:
1. I will start the transaction which will falls under Escrow Pacific's Buyer Protection program, managed by Escrow Pacific, and they will send you a confirmation email with the payment instructions and delivery information.
2. You will send the payment according to the Escrow Pacific rules. Payment will be made by bank wire transfer. I'm a TrustMark Seller with Escrow Pacific, so your payment is fully refundable.
3. The motorcycle will be delivered to your location (shipping is already included in the price, you won't have to pay extra).
You will also be provided with a tracking number of the shipment which you can check anytime you want.
4. You will receive the motorcycle in 1-3 days, and you will have a 5 days inspection period to test it. During this inspection period you can drive it, take it to a mechanic, you can do anything you want with it, just don't wreck it.
5. If the motorcycle is what you expected, you will just have to sign the documents to take ownership of the motorcycle. If not, they will fully refund your payment at your request and they will send the motorcycle back on my expense.

For more info about their company please visit www.escrow-pacific.com.
You can also read the Business Purchase Protection Program they have on their website.
You can ring them on the number displayed on the contact page or you can email them on australiaoffice@escrow-pacific.com if you have any questions.

If you want to proceed with this transaction I would need the following:
- the name and address you wish to appear on the bill of sale contract and on the registration certificate
- delivery address
- a phone # (home, mobile) where Escrow Pacific may reach you once that they deliver the unit.

I will be waiting for news from you.
Kind regards,
Becky Peyton
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Scam written all over it !!!
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

This from a google search listing proven fraud sites in vehicle scams "BUYER BEWARE";

Quote:
Pacific-escrow.com is hosted by: ISPsystem
Hosting report about Pacific-escrow.com. Pacific-escrow.com is currently hosted at ISPsystem. The IP 82.146.51.180 links to a server in , Russian Federation. The company behind this all is ISPsystem at NAC.

Updated 3 sec ago
Pacific-escrow.com
Domain: pacific-escrow.com
Website ISP: ISPsystem
Website Organization: ISPsystem at NAC
Hosting Location: in Russian Federation
Website IP: 82.146.51.180
Sites Hosted On IP: 82.146.51.180
As far as we can this only this Pacific-escrow.com is hosted on this IP address.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Yep
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

their english is real good though which is unusual
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

The ad has been taken down...

did somebody report it, or did some sucker buy it?
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I am almost 100% sure that ad was listed on ebay last year from a seller in Queensland and he got it from Canberra where it was in a pool room. Dont remember the price but sounds like the original ad ripped off.
I have not got a response since.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

They never replied to me, cause I asked to view the bike, says it all really.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Scambaiters gets fake WU etc transfers and adds a real $2 conformation number but sends it to an office to a place that sounds like where they ask the money to be sent to, just at the other end of the country.
As with all the scams best is to ask lots and I mean LOTS of really dumb questions the dumber the better. All that does is burn the scammers time and the greater number of people that do that the less likely they are to get to someone who is going to fall for it. Don't ever put your location and a gmail acct is good for this stuff.